This job is no longer available
We're the people who make top 10 UK grocery brand Kingsmill as well as Burgen, Allinson and Sunblest. You know us through our wholesome white, wholemeal and seeded breads that offer delicious options to suit every family member - and our rolls, pancakes, crumpets, muffins, hot cross buns, wraps and other delicious bakery products.
We're one of three divisions of Allied Milling and Baking, which in turn is a part of Associated British Foods (ABF) plc, a major international business with a turnover of £11.1bn and close to 102,000 employees working in 46 countries. In the UK, well-known ABF brands include: Twinings, Silver Spoon, Primark, Ryvita, Ovaltine, Patak's and Jordans Cereals.
Position: National Account Manager
The Role: We are recruiting a fantastic role within top four multiples where you will have responsibility for a sizeable bakery favourites portfolio. You will be accountable for sales activity in the customer, including implementation of joint business plans, sales strategies and to achieve your business targets.
- Responsible for delivery of all budgeted customer key performance indicators including, net net sales value (NNSV), volume and forecast accuracy within clear financial controls
- Accountable for regular demand plan reviews including seasonal planning e.g. hot cross buns; new product development (NPD); volume accuracy; and promotional planning
- Develop and grow the key relationships with the customer in addition to cross functional relationships with your key internal stakeholders
- Implementation of the annual joint business plan ensuring it remains aligned to both customer and internal objectives
- Responsible for managing all negotiations internally and externally
- Accountable for first class execution of in-store snacks and rolls initiatives
- Responsible for new business development including existing and new product innovation and range development across own label and brand
- Relevant experience in FMCG sales is required with a strong track record in account management, ideally with exposure to joint business planning. The individual will have prior experience of selling, negotiating and presenting in customer and management of profit and loss
- Experience in or a strong working knowledge of Category, Shopper Marketing, Brand Marketing and Field Sales with familiarity of both own label and branded products is desirable
- You will ideally have experience in using data sources such as AC Nielsen or IRI
- You will be self led with the ability to operate autonomously and make the right decisions. In addition you will be working both pro-actively in anticipating problems or opportunities and reactively in response to customer needs or market events with the ability to influence internally and externally to achieve your aims.
- You will have a strong academic background with a high level of critical numerical and verbal reasoning
If you're ready for a new challenge, you've come to the right place - because Allied Milling and Baking is where opportunity goes to work! If you would like to find out more information please visit our careers website.