This job is no longer available
JOB SUMMARY :
To be the Distribution Centre (DC) representative for quality and food safety, managing and maintaining the DC Quality Management System.
Management of all DC quality and packaging issues with suppliers and customers.
Develop and maintain productive quality focused relationships through-out KDUK.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
• To liaise with the Quality Management Team and Suppliers, on food quality/safety and packaging issues.
• Ensure that any necessary concessions are sought from McDonald's Quality Assurance and all required recommendations are met.
• Assist the DC with the management of product recalls in accordance with McDonald's Quality Assurance and Keystone Distribution UK logistics processes and procedures.
• Ensure that all product specifications are adhered to on intake, despatch and delivery.
• Ensure that Quality Management training is carried out within all departments at the DC, with direct involvement as necessary.
• Ensure Quality data base information is accurate and up to date.
• Ensure Quality Management System Audits are performed to agreed annual schedule.
• Maintain and develop the DC Quality Management System to fully integrate all relevant internal, external and customer requirements
• Develop and maintain strong, productive relationships within KDUK, including central departments, to help ensure the role of the Quality Team as a support function within the business.
• Ensure compliance with all relevant food safety legislation.
• Process restaurant product complaints within specified time frames and to facilitate a corrective action process to reduce overall restaurant product complaints within the DC.
• Ensure daily product checks are completed and reported weekly, as required by McDonald's.
• Complete measurement and weight analysis on selected products as required by McDonald's.
• Ensure that all products, including new promotional products, enter the supply chain within McDonald’s specification.
• Ensure conformity of food waste disposal to current regulations.
• To perform applicable audits on new and long term third party storage facilities to specified schedule.
• Manage and action all food safety, quality and packaging issues within the DC.
• Ensure that all equipment allocated for this job function is kept in good working order and calibrated within recommended schedules.
• Co-ordinate DC specific product trials, as appropriate, with the Suppliers.
• Ensure warehouse and vehicle temperature monitoring is completed according to schedule and results/issues are investigated, shared, escalated and rectified with DC management as appropriate
• To advise and support the management of the DC pest control system.
• To complete Quality Management System and HACCP (Hazard Analysis of Critical Control Point) internal audits at other KDUK sites as per schedule (To include outside storage facilities).
• To be the management representative for any external and internal quality system/standard audit/relevant legislative visits.
• Submission of Munich samples on behalf of the Suppliers and East Finchley office.
• Conduct and manage mock product withdrawal exercises on a quarterly basis.
• Product Withdrawal/Recall – Liaise with DC Management, Senior Quality Manager and Supply Chain in cases of withdrawals/recalls and incidents to ensure all necessary information is communicated.
• Attend McDonald's Quality Summits, as required.
• Quality Managers are required to be on call outside normal working hours. Calls are managed in accordance to set procedures and standards.
Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate.
Knowledge and experience of HACCP and ISO
Knowledge of Food Safety Legislation
Food Process knowledge would be an advantage.
Internal Auditing training or the equivalent experience.
Knowledge and experience of QMS management.
Knowledge and experience of Pest Control Management systems.
Computer skills (Lotus Notes, Word, Excel and Power Point minimum).
Data collection, analysis and presentation skills.