This job is no longer available
Interfish is a successful food processing company employing 200 staff and supplying UK supermarkets and customers worldwide from its base in Plymouth, Devon.
Operating a 24/7 facility, handling and processing fresh and frozen fish, whether caught by our own fleet of boats or bought in, fish needs to be turned around quickly, either for despatch or into our cold stores.
Founded in 1977 this company offers those who are prepared to work hard, with a flexible can-do approach, the opportunity to work in an interesting and challenging industry and to be well rewarded.
Operating in a fast moving environment, the company utilises the latest production technology whilst maintaining traditional values. As a result of continued development, we are looking to expand our management team.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director and the Operations Manager, the candidate will be responsible for the technical management of the whole site
You will be responsible for:
• Ensuring that all procedures are followed correctly focusing on food safety and legality matters based on HACCP principles for the entire site.
• Implementing a culture of continuous improvement
• Providing support to the production facility with a focus on building upon an effective and high quality production facility, maintaining A grade BRC status
• Managing, motivating and developing the team, identifying members of the team with the ability and willingness to take extra responsibility and progress.
• Being a hands-on driver when required, with energy and enthusiasm to champion changes throughout the organisation.
• Being the guardian of the technical system
• Maintaining high quality standards whilst ensuring production targets are met.
• Ensuring that the fabric and housekeeping of the production areas are managed and maintained to a suitable and sufficient standard.
• Overseeing the laboratory manning and functions
Either degree standard qualification or qualified through experience, you must have previous experience within a food manufacturing company, preferably in chilled and frozen food, with knowledge and experience of auditing systems.
Excellent communication, decision making and problem solving skills are vital, with the ability to influence and motivate team members. The possession of a HACCP qualification is preferred although not essential.
Due to the nature of the business, a willingness to work evenings and weekends is essential.
A flexible and varied approach is required as the relatively small management team work closely together.
Applicants should apply by clicking the "apply now" link below including a comprehensive C.V. together with a covering letter outlining what you could bring to the company’s future development.