This job is no longer available
Intersnack is a major supplier of savoury snacks, nuts and related products across Europe with 27 manufacturing sites, 3 of which are in the UK.
We are passionate about enriching people’s lives by offering the best savoury snacks – day by day. This we achieve not only through our optimal blend of localness and internationality, but also by our innovative strength and outstanding quality, as well as by striving for excellence in all areas.
Our extensive range of snack products in the UK are sold under our brands Penn State, Pom Bear, Percy Dalton’s and Imperial, as well as private labels for all the major retailers.
Growth together is a core value and we have expanded rapidly over the last few years. As our success continues we need talented individuals to join our growing business and we have a vacancy for a:
Supply Chain Manager
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels within the organisation from production employees to board level.
• Planning, Purchasing, Inventory and Analysis - Responsibility for oversight of production plans and procedures for the facility. Responsible for training of personnel, preparation of training aids, and transaction accuracy.
• Shipping, Warehouse, and directing the accuracy of input and output of inventory and the support of department procedures
• Inventory Management - Management of inbound and outbound inventory onsite and offsite
• Business Process Analysis- Executing system unit and integration testing of business systems software including performing tests and making changes in configuration based on results and error resolution to support business processes.
• KPI Development and Management
• Management and development of Supply Chain personnel
• This role is also a member of the Site Leadership Team.
Knowledge and skills:
• A proven background in leadership. This person must be able to establish credibility with a long-tenured local planning group and be able to manage communication across the business.
• Strong experience with ERP. Able to plan from sales forecasts, inventory levels to long term plan with shorter term plans that become daily actions
• Solid background in production planning within a manufacturing environment, inventory and distribution experience, and top level ERP knowledge
• Knowledge of Lean, and Six Sigma, is desirable
• Degree level education preferred
• BPICS, or APICS or similar is desirable
• Demonstrates good commercial acumen
• Excellent interpersonal skills to form effective relationships
• Consistently seek to improve processes and effectively bring people through such changes
• Positive “can do “ approach
• High degree of initiative
• Strong results orientation
• The ability to build and develop stakeholder relationships both internally and externally to Board level/good communication skills