This job is no longer available
This role reports to the Director of Engineering and provides technical expertise on all matters relating to Maintenance, Utilities and Energy management. The successful candidate will also be required to deputise for the Director of Engineering and will hold specific responsibilities for the businesses Climate Change Levy Account Scheme.
If you're ready for a new challenge, you've come to the right place - because Allied Bakeries is where opportunity goes to work!
- We're the people who make top 10 UK grocery brand Kingsmill as well as Burgen, Allinson and Sunblest.
- We're a part of Associated British Foods (ABF) plc, a major international business with a turnover of £11.1bn and close to 102,000 employees working in 46 countries.
- In the UK, well-known ABF brands include: Twinings, Silver Spoon, Primark, Ryvita, Ovaltine, Patak's and Jordans Cereals.
• To support the development and adoption of maintenance best practice.
• To support the implementation of Engineering strategy across the regions
• Working with the regions to identify plans to improve engineering KPI’s
• Lead internal benchmarking of Allied Bakeries maintenance structures, systems, practices and KPI’s to identifying benefits and support the regions in their realisation
• To lead process mapping of engineering systems and processes identifying areas of improvement and savings
• To lead FMECA sessions to develop best practice maintenance per asset
• To identify AB approved suppliers of parts, service and skilled labour and work with them to deliver appropriate support and contracts..
• Working with HR lead to develop training/ apprenticeship programmes for engineering and non-engineering personnel with regard to maintenance activities.
• To ensure engineering issues relating to customer service are fully supported and the correct actions taken to either prevent issues occurring or minimizing impact.
• To manage and develop Allied Bakeries Zurich statutory inspection system ensuring all inspections are completed to time, fully documented, monitored for progress against completion and assessing the closure of actions is to the required
• To develop energy best practice and a 3 year reduction programme highlighting benefits per region and working with them to realise those savings
• Support regions and central personnel in the development and delivery of projects
• Practical experience gained within the maintenance engineering/energy management function
• Mechanical/Chartered Engineering degree or equivalent
• Extensive experience of leading teams and the ability to influence stakeholders at all levels across the business
Allied Bakeries values reflect the type of culture that we are working hard to achieve. It’s all about Pride, Performance, People and Pace. If you can live these values, chances are you’ll do well here. We’re looking for people who love a challenge, who have an eye for continuous improvement and the drive to take ownership and make change happen.
If you would like to join a fast moving, ambitious business, with people at the heart of everything it does, please get in contact.