Do you have in-depth project management experience in the modification, installation and commissioning of automated food production machinery? Are you able to assess current manufacturing systems and implement effective continuous improvement projects that will increase equipment efficiency/reliability, product yield and reduce energy costs? If so, then maybe this position can offer you an exciting opportunity to join for one of Europe`s largest and fastest growing food manufacturing companies.
Reporting to the Chief Engineer and working within a high volume production environment that supplies all of the UK`s major retailers, the appointed Project Engineer will be responsible for:
- The hands-on management of equipment installation and commissioning.
- Managing multiple projects valued from £1K up to £3million.
- The management of external suppliers and contractors.
- Control of project budgets and material/machinery procurement.
- Conducting risk assessments and responsible for all aspects of Health & Safety.
- Asset Management Studies.
- The delivery of site continuous improvement projects with the cooperation of Engineering, Production, Quality and Technical departments
It is essential that all applicants are qualified to a minimum of HNC level (or equivalent) in an engineering discipline, have a strong automation background and good understanding of CAD design drawings to amendment level.
Remuneration Package: A basic salary up to £50K pa + company pension.
Vacancy Ref: FC1067
This vacancy is commutable from Cambridgeshire, South Lincolnshire, Norfolk, Peterborough, Bedfordshire, Wisbech, King`s Lynn, Spalding, March, Long Sutton and Holbeach.
Food Careers Ltd
Food Careers is a recruitment consultancy providing job opportunities within Food Manufacturing, handling Permanent & Interim recruitment assignments in a salary range of £20,000 to £120,000 pa.