This job is no longer available
• H.J. Heinz is one of the largest food companies worldwide. Success is determined by an ambitious and professional attitude embedded in an informal culture which is aimed at broad cooperation across all disciplines. And one of the most important key pillars is Innovation which we believe is vital to Heinz Europe’s growth strategy.
• The R&D Team is constantly creating new products, packaging and process, perfecting fresh ideas and developing nutritious and innovative foods.
• As part of the European growth agenda to deliver faster, bigger, bold innovations, Heinz Europe is taking the exciting step of developing a world class R & D facility in Nijmegen, in the Netherlands which will be the European Centre of Excellence for the categories: sauces, meals and soups. This centre is the biggest investment in R & D Heinz has ever made and will be the second biggest R&D centre worldwide, employing up to 200 people from different nationalities.
• Support the development of packaging options and solutions for deployment for one of the categories – ensuring timely and detailed input across all formats.
• Creation of specifications for components to meet: consumer requirements, functional parameters, cost targets and supply chain requirements.
• Develop relationships and communicate with key partners in the business, including internal teams & external suppliers.
• You will always deliver to high technical standards using the latest best practice tools, processes and ways of working.
• You will need to keep abreast of developments across appropriate packaging & manufacturing technologies, which offer consumer & business advantages
• BSc Degree or equivalent (preferable) Packaging / Engineering experience.
• Basic awareness of packaging components including; materials, conversion, quality, decoration and secondary packaging
• Demonstrable experience in the field of packaging; expertise in Food and Drink products would be beneficial, but not essential.
• Must demonstrate understanding of package development process and quality standards used to design and develop primary and secondary packaging components that meet consumer, Brand, customer, and manufacturing objectives.
If you are interested in hearing more about these fantastic career opportunities then please send a copy of your CV quoting ref EH/Heinz in the subject field to our retained consultant email@example.com or call Emma on 0845 003 6872. All third party CV’s will be forwarded to Silven for consideration.