This job is no longer available
Overall Job Purpose:
Responsible for the management and validation of the company Demand Forecast Responsible for managing the Collaborative Planning process between BFL and key customers.
Dimension and Assignment of Jobholders Work:
Relationships include; Senior Commercial Finance and Trading Management; Systems, Revenue management, Customer Services, Factory Planners and Key Customers
Role oversees the forecasting process for all SKU's in the business (currently <1,000) across all sectors: Home Trade, Export, Contract, Bulk Choc.
• Responsibility for building the Demand Forecast – working closely with the sales, marketing and the commercial strategy team
• Development and application of statistical demand forecast models;
• Responsible for Forecast accuracy across managed accounts.
• Responsible for rolling the base sales forecast on a weekly basis to benefit customer service
• Responsible for reporting and analysis of forecast accuracy on a monthly basis
• Pro-actively investigate forecast accuracy performance, assessing deviations and supporting re-forecasting as appropriate
• Monitoring and interpretation of forecast trends at customer and product level
• Ownership of the APO:DP process-ensure successful background system jobs including close liaison with IS;
• Working with Customer teams to develop two-way communication driving improvements in forecasting via information sharing
• Future development of APO:DP and associated systems;
• Assist in management of short term demand and supply situations with the commercial team, customer services, factory’s and direct with customers.
• Provision and management of Promotional volumes– liaising with customers to align their uplift with Burtons Foods Ltd
• Manage communication flow on sell through on key activity (including promotions) supporting proactive response by Burtons with up to date knowledge
• Constant review of in depot stocks, including cross review of customer service levels ensuring depot to store link is working
• Support all NPD / range reviews and track performance (i.e. key account performance)
• Co-ordinate and chair monthly collaborative meetings with Key customers
• Work closely with customer services to investigate, communicate and/or resolve availability issues at store and depot
Decision Making Authority:
Final arbiter with regards to forecast decision making
Decisions to re-run / cancel background system runs eg price transfers, alter statistical demand forecast models.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Ability to communicate well with internal and external stakeholders at multiple levels of management
• Experience of working with statistical modelling techniques and systems, ideally SAP APO;
• Must be highly numerate and IT literate;
• Must be competent with general business systems including Microsoft Office especially Excel;
• Proven track record of working with Operations as well as Commercial functions, particularly Trading / Sales;
• Man-management experience is desirable;
• Needs to be flexible when it comes to working hours and travelling within the UK
• Ability to prioritise work under pressure
• Retail experience would definitely represent an advantage to the candidate