This job is no longer available
£45k to £50k
We are recruiting a Technical Manager to join the leadership team of a food manufacturer supplying branded and own label produce to the UK's major supermarkets.
Responsible for managing the technical function comprising Technical, Quality and Hygiene teams the successful candidate will hold technical accountability for the sites quality management system, legal requirements, business standards and processes ensuring that systems are in place to guarantee only safe, legal and specification compliant products are despatched from the site.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
The Technical Manager must be able to demonstrate familiarity with:
- Retailer standards, specification systems and working closely with their technical representatives.
- Quality based accreditation and certification standards BRC and ISO9000:2000.
- Setting and delivering site technical (quality and new product and process development) strategy.
- Modern manufacturing practices and continuous improvement techniques (TPM / TQM / 5S etc).
- Conducting food and safety related inspections
- Food regulations, HACCP and other food safety requirements on site.
- Departmental budgetary control.
Priority will be given to applicants currently undertaking a technical manager role with
- A degree/HNC/HND or equivalent
- At least 5 years technical management experience within food manufacture.
- IOSH / NEBOSH safety qualifications
- Expertise in HACCP and QMS Regulatory qualifications (i.e. legal labels, retailer specification systems etc)
Apply with up to date CV or call Elliot on 0115 923 4651 for more information.
KEYWORDS Technical Manager Quality Hygiene QA QMS BRC HACCP IOSH NEBOSH food manufacture manufacturing TPM TQM Technical Manager Quality Hygiene QA QMS BRC HACCP IOSH NEBOSH food manufacture manufacturing TPM TQM Technical Manager Quality Hygiene QA QMS BRC HACCP IOSH NEBOSH food manufacture manufacturing TPM TQM