This job is no longer available
Are you a driven, ambitious Technical Manager who is looking to take on a fast paced and challenging role?
Would you like to work with one of the UK's market leading food manufacturers?
I am currently recruiting for a Site Technical Manager, reporting to a Technical Director for one of the UK's market leading food manufacturers who supply both the retail and foodservice markets based at their site in the East of England bordering the Yorkshire region.
The main purpose of this role is to deliver technical / quality / hygiene input, support, and decision making to the factory floor to ensure that standards of product safety, quality and legality are maintained.
Key duties include the following:
• Oversee at site level product safety, quality, and legality, to ensure staff compliance.
• The technical manager needs to stay in touch with quarantined stock at the earliest opportunity and carry out investigations to identify route cause through analysis with a view to identify effective corrective actions.
• Analysis data from the factory floor to determine if factory personnel are aware of the factory standards implementing / organizing training as appropriate.
• Be familiar with customer requirements and act upon these as appropriate through daily activities.
• With Due Diligence in mind continually strive to improve personal and team performance and anticipate risks and take appropriate action to avoid potential issues.
• Manage hygiene schedules and hygiene teams, laundry function, chemical supply and KPI’s relevant to the hygiene function.
• Appropriate share of responsibility for all aspects of technical / quality manuals
• Responsible for appropriate share of preparation and hosting of visits, audits and launches.
• Appropriate, effective and accurate communication to peers and head of technical.
• Flexibility of hours appropriate to the 24 x 7 business needs.
• Appropriate level of health and safety responsibility within the remit of this role.
• Appropriately and effectively manage the team, carrying out regular appraisals with a view for continuous improvements.
• Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
• Experience of computer systems, including those of retailers
• Experience of procedures involved in bringing a product to launch
• Experience of BRC Global Food Standards criteria
• Experience of customer Codes of Practice
• Experience of working in a fast paced, high risk food manufacturing business
• Good communicator at all levels of the business
• Team player.
• Self motivator with the ability to work on their own initiative.
• Specification writing experience
• Good organisational skills.
• Computer skills.
• Clean driving licence
If you are interested in this role or you would like to discuss the role, location and who the company is, in more detail then please can you call me, Giuseppe Leo on 0131 226 5060 anytime between 8.45am to 7pm or on 07857 348079. If you want to apply for this role then please send me a copy of your most recent and up to date CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and I will call you with any questions I may have