This job is no longer available
We are an innovative food business based in Bermondsey, close to Tower Bridge in central London. We are an importer and wholesale supplier of high quality fruits, vegetables, cheeses and charcuterie to some of the UK's top restaurants. We also supply a range of Natoora brand retail packaged product to the UK's top online grocer, plus a broad range of fresh products through our own website.
We are currently experiencing rapid growth, and following a recent move to our new premises we require a Food Safety Manager to oversee this critical area of our business as the company expands.
Reporting to the Operations Manager and Managing Director, you will be responsible for managing and coordinating all aspects of the business relating to food safety and health and safety.
The right candidate will be resourceful and able to work independently, with strong people management skills. The role will require you to cover a wide range of responsibilities, including:
- To manage the HACCP system
- Staff inductions and training
- Ensure all adherences to all site procedures and policies eg
- daily cleaning, checks and temperature records
- personal hygiene
- production records
- goods in and out
- food and packaging supplier checks
- facilities supplier approval and management
- To manage customer technical queries
- To instigate and manage with directors food safety incidents which could lead to a product recall/withdrawal
- To maintain and update the quality manual
- To ensure the effective maintenance of the warehouse, vehicles and facilities, not including day to day operations and logistics, with particular reference to food safety
- Devise and implement a company health and safety policy
Knowledge of HACCP and Food Safety (Level 3) is essential, as well as a minimum of 3 years experience of working within a food production environment ideally in a QA function. A Nebosh diploma or certificate is desired but not essential.
For full details please see the attached job specification.