This job is no longer available
Retail Operations Manager (Maternity Contract)
This is a contract position working for a multi-sited national company who supply predominantly into the major retailers.
The role is responsible for the efficient and safe daily operation of the retail department, whilst motivating and managing the staff within the department in order to meet production targets within financial budgets.
The key day-to-day tasks of the Retail Operations Manager include:
- Overseeing the management of the processing and packing departments and assisting with the development of appropriate action plan
- Responsible for overall production efficiency and review of performance
- Planning daily production to ensure optimum efficiency for the departments
- Contribute to and support the Managing Director in the development of the new and innovate processes and tools and techniques including site visits and attending industry exhibitions where necessary
- Identify and implement opportunities for improvement through regular and thorough review of the factory operations
- Liaise with Supply Chain Manager and Planning Manager on a weekly basis to review forthcoming sales volumes, expected sales volumes, and to agree raw material stock and build-ups etc.
- Review the standards set for key performance targets and ensure these are maintained on an on-going basis. Use these targets to drive continuous performance improvement
Key attributes of the Retail Operations Manager include:
- Track record of senior production / operations management within food manufacturing
- Experience of working within a retailer focused environment
- Excellent management skills with a background of managing large teams
- Organisational skills with ability to plan workloads effectively to meet deadlines
The role is based in Wales and is paying c. £34,000 depending on experience. This is a temporary position covering a maternity contract.
To be considered for the role of Retail Operations Manager, please click the Apply button.
Alternatively email your CV to email@example.com with your salary requirement or give us a call on 01435 866000.
If you do not match the criteria specified above then please refrain from applying for this role as you will not meet our client’s specific requirements. If you have not been contacted by b3 jobs within the next 7 days, we unfortunately will not be progressing with your application on this occasion.
b3 jobs is a professional, friendly and progressive recruitment consultancy established in 2000 dedicated to food manufacturing industry. We are a market leader for permanent jobs within all food and drink manufacturing throughout the UK. All of our consultants have considerable experience in recruitment so you can be confident that they will have your best interests at heart when finding the perfect role for you.
We successfully place roles covering development / NPD, quality / QA, technical, process, production, operations, planning, supply, sales, account management, engineering, microbiology, food technology, specifications, marketing, logistics, purchasing, hygiene and auditing. We cover all levels including Managers, Technologists, Technicians, Managers, Team Leaders, Managers and Directors.