This job is no longer available
As Specification Technologist for Noon Products, you will support the Assistant Technical Development Manager in creating and implementing technical specifications for all customers. Acting as a member of the central Technical Development function, you will work closely with the NPD Chefs, Technical team and external suppliers as well as customers on a daily basis.
As Noon Products continues to launch exciting new lines within several of the UK's leading grocery retailers, you will play a key role in creating customer specifications and ensuring that they are of the highest possible standard.
Kerry Foods prides itself on the quality of its products and this is delivered by teams who are passionate about what they do and who work together to deliver excellent service to our customers. Kerry offers exceptional careers for individuals with ambition, vision and a commitment to excellence in a dynamic business environment. Candidates who deliver successful results as Specification Technologist can expect to progress within Kerry Foods.
- Write technical specifications for all customers, completing to specific customer requirements, within agreed timescales, and ensuring brand standard compliance
- Responsibility for the sign off for all artwork against customer requirements whilst ensuring legal compliance, within required timescales
- Manage NPD samples, conduct cooking instruction trials against customer policy, and liaise with external bodies for verification of these trials
- Conducting photography and tasting sessions for the purpose of quality and meal component data
- Liaising effectively with relevant departments to obtain timely and accurate information for finished product specifications
- Maintain all customer files with relevant documentation
- Completion of other customer technical information to specific customer requirements within agreed timescales
- Liaising with clients and third party suppliers on a regular basis
- Specification writing experience is essential
- Sound technical knowledge and experience of working within a food-manufacturing environment is essential
- A flexible approach and an openness to change is essential
- Being able to carry out duties autonomously as well as working as part of a wider team is essential
- The ability to make logical and methodical decisions as well as good attention to detail is essential
- Ability to multitask within a fast paced and challenging role is essential
- Experience working for a chilled, own label food manufacturer is desirable
- Knowledge of UK Legal requirements and customer policies is desirable
- As the site produces a range of ethnic ready meals, you will be required to generate product quality standards, which will involve consuming a variety of vegetable, meat and fish products
- You must be able to travel between four manufacturing sites, based in Middlesex
- Candidates must hold a Food Science/Technology Degree
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK