This job is no longer available
Posted by: Silven
Job Title: Project Engineer
Location: Norwich, Norfolk, East Anglia
Salary: c£40-45k, Bonus, Healthcare, Critical illness, Pension,
Kettle Chips is the UK's original and leading hand-cooked crisp brand and is one the fastest growing snack brands in the UK and expanding rapidly into Europe. With huge capital investment and sustained growth year on year these are exciting times to work for one of the UK’s "Coolbrands”. They have a simple formula but one that seems to work. Great tasting chips, made with care, by people with a real passion and commitment to what they do. Have you got what it takes to join the team?
- We’re looking for a graduate calibre Project Engineer who ideally has Chartered status or who is working towards it.
- You’ll have a significant amount of project engineering experience ideally in a food manufacturing or FMCG environment and be able to demonstrate the delivery of projects on time and in budget.
- You will have an accomplished track record in a managing multi- million pound projects and be equally as comfortable working on smaller continuous improvement and infrastructure projects.
- You’ll have extensive highly automated process and packaging machinery experience and ideally some robotics exposure.
- You’ll have a passion for what you do and always deliver to the very highest standards. You work with openness, honesty, and integrity. You will be a highly organised individual with the ability to work cross functionally.
- You will report to Engineering Manager and work with the site team to deliver the business’s growth strategy and the goals in support of the development of world class performance and facilities.
- You will work to ensure each project is fit-for-purpose and adheres to the project budget and schedule.
- As Project Engineer you will analyse business requirements, identifying and addressing design parameters and engineering problems and ensuring solutions are implemented.
- As part of your role you will visit potential equipment suppliers, be involved in contract negotiation and in the selection of contractors.
- As Project Engineer you will manage contractors, ensuring all relevant safety objectives and legal requirements are observed such as performing Health & Safety assessments and issuing permits.
- You will support and champion the culture of Continuous Improvement, identifying and leading cost saving opportunities which develop a sustainable competitive advantage.
All direct and third party applications will be passed to Silven to be put through our process.
To apply for these exciting opportunities with a brand leading business , please send a copy of your CV quoting ref MC/ KFPE or call me on 01485 520000 for a confidential discussion.