This job is no longer available
Allied Technical Centre (ATC) delivers scientific and technical support to the Food industry. Our expertise, innovative solutions and quality of delivery are recognised across the industry.
We're part of Allied Milling and Baking, which in turn is a part of Associated British Foods (ABF) plc, a major international business with a turnover of £11.1bn and close to 102,000 employees working in 46 countries. In the UK, well-known ABF brands include: Twinings, Silver Spoon, Primark, Ryvita, Ovaltine, Patak's and Jordans Cereals.
The team at ATC are leaders in Food Safety, Food Law, Nutrition, Environmental Management, Cereals Milling and Baking Science, and Consumer Contact Management .
The Scientific Assistant role is a twelve month fixed term contract (Maternity Cover). The role will involve undertaking a range of activities within the laboratory including: sample preparation; analytical and product testing.
• Preparation of samples for analytical testing.
• Analysis of bakery product samples for mould free shelf life testing.
• Physical and chemical analysis of wheat, flour and other bakery ingredients.
• Maintaining a clean and safe working environment.
• As part of the team you will be accountable for your own work to ensure analysis is carried out correctly, according to the method and is technically valid as well as full filling the ISO 17025 criteria.
Skills, qualifications and experience:
• Educated to A-level in science or equivalent.
• Previous experience of working in a laboratory related environment is desirable.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to develop effective relationships with other team members and key stakeholders across relevant departments.
• Excellent attention to detail and the ability to follow set procedures.
• A good level of verbal and numerical skills are also required along with excellent PC skills across all applications of Microsoft Office.
If you're ready for a new challenge, you've come to the right place - because Allied Milling and Baking is where opportunity goes to work! If you would like to find out more information please click below to visit our careers web site
If you're ready for a new challenge, you've come to the right place - because Allied Milling and Baking is where opportunity goes to work! If you would like to find out more information please visit www.careersatallied.co.uk