This job is no longer available
REF – 237384
Largest company in the sector and major producer of speciality products.
They supply industries and consumers worldwide with innovative products and are passionate about developing sustainable answers for our customers.
With operations in more than 80 countries, our 55,000 people around the world are committed to excellence and delivering
Manage the group responsible for supply of raw materials and packaging product for UK customers. This group also supports the main buyers at a local level through implementing the outcome of negotiations.
This group is also responsible / accountable for the activities associated with the purchasing of Products for Resale /Toll for UK and Ireland. Acting as lead purchaser for certain categories. Ensure that via managing relationships internally and externally and utilisation of the AN Purchasing processes our purchase costs are minimised, savings maximised and secure sources of supply are selected that deliver the service and quality the business needs.
Manage team of Local buyers to ensure that supply demand balance is met by liaising with planning and Marketing to understand the needs of the customer.
Coordinates improvement activities relating to key suppliers along with Main buyers to ensure long term structural changes are implemented to guarantee consistent service and performance monitoring is taking place.
To work with the Planning and Supply teams to ensure that supplier capabilities are understood and then improvement activities are implemented.
Involved in supplier reviews to monitor service and improvement work.
To ensure constant supplier communication is maintained within the supply team to identify where longer term issues may arise to facilitate the delivery of long term supplier service delivery.
To manage the Purchasing of Products for Resale/Toll Manufactured Products in the UK and Ireland:-
-Manage the revenue Budget for Products for Resale and Toll Products.
- Implement strategies and deals where relevant
- Research and understand different customer markets, develop European Purchase strategies, negotiate most cost effective Terms and Conditions, develop Value Creation Supplier relationships for key material where appropriate.
Ensure high standards of Service, Quality and SHE, legal compliance are provided by the Supply base.
- Lead liaison with the Marketing Function to ensure that jointly we deliver the most cost effective sourcing solutions.
- Project support, Integrate cross functionally as varied supply base and product mix and in some cases smaller spends and less leverage
- ensure support in launch teams for new product development
- Manage Working Capital improvement programme - VMI , payment terms , Rebates, PPV
- Act as the main Purchasing point of Liaison with Cork, Slough, Stowmarket and Prudhoe.
- Integrate effectively with Supply Chain
Graduate level education / degree level / CIPS Qualified an advantage (or equivalent)
Best practise in functional area, Brand Awareness, Business awareness, Commercial, DIY Market, Finance, Health & Safety, Legal, Marketing Techniques, Paint Manufacturing Processes, Supply Chain, Value Creation
Proven Purchasing experience or experience in another related function (must have specific experience in packaging and/or raw materials/commodities)
Change management, Commercial, Communication, Influencing, Interpersonal, Management of suppliers/agencies, Negotiating, Numeracy, Problem solving
Good negotiation and People Management.
Knowledge of the DIY market or related industry an advantage.
Knowledge of Supply Chain Business processes and E commerce advantageous.
CIPS study/qualifications a benefit.