This job is no longer available
My client is a well-esablished manufacturer to the multiple retailers. The company has a range of high profile customers. My client is respected for its innovation which has created a customer base which includes the very best.
I am currently recruiting for a Specification Technologist to join the team.
- To generate all internal and external product specification documentation accurately and timely.
- Ensure all NPD product to launch documentation is correct.
- Working with internal and retail customers to ensure timely, consistent and quality information.
- Working with Concept Development to formulate product history and submission forms for retail customers.
- Taking basic recipe information/process from Concept Team and translating into internal line spec.
- Challenging and ensuring accurate and detailed information is provided at each stage.
- Working closely with Technical Services and Process team to formulate Pack Copy and customer specifications.
- Responsible for developing and checking pack descriptions, ingredient declaration and compliance with nutritional guidelines and labelling legislation.
- Liaise with customers and internal departments to progress artwork and sign-off specifications.
- Managing the all aspects of the artwork process alongside the account manager to ensure a successful launch.
- Liaise with the trial team to go through any changes in recipe etc. during the trial process.
- Attending pre-production run (PPR) meeting with customers to show all paperwork relevant to product launch.
- Updating the customer label library and providing technical services with the final approved pdf.
- Keeping customers folders updated and accurate.
- Need to prioritise work, work at pace and use initiative to achieve critical path and launch deadlines.
- Check calculations from concept development team on “nutritionally sensitive” projects challenge against the theoretical.
- Help agree quality standards of products with customer and trial team and provide photographic standards for the customer and production.
- Provide final pack photographs for production and customer showing new labels.
- Ensure active involvement in all packaging developments.
- Attend internal & external taste panels when required.
- To support team members in their work.
- Play a major role in site continuous improvement process, challenging ingredients & suppliers where necessary.
- Ensuring that all raw material specifications have the required detail and are up to date- challenge if necessary.
- Responsible for ensuring that all new products meet technical criteria.
- Ensure that adequate nutritional testing is completed for all new launches.
- Trial new packaging options, ensuring there are established and suitable manufacturing processes.
- Work closely with suppliers and purchasing team to agree quality parameters of raw materials.
- Attend product feasibility meetings when required.
- Manage all aspects of the critical path to ensure that projects are delivered on time.
- Attend product handover meetings and gather all information required.
- The role holder must consistently adopt a professional and confident approach to their work and when dealing with internal and external customers.
- They must be self motivated and be an excellent communicator at all levels of the business.
- They must be a team player who demonstrates a high level of commitment, adopts a flexible and positive approach, and able to demonstrate tenacity, and assume accountability for their work.
- The role holder must have the ability to work unsupervised with good time management skills in order to meet tight deadlines, have the confidence to challenge information and ensure attention to detail at all times in a fast paced environment.
Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge of formulating specifications for retailers in food manufacturing environment
- In depth understanding of legal labelling legislation and a number of retailer web based systems
- Project and time management skills
- Ability to prioritise
- IT skills (Web based specifications)
- Analytical and logical approach
- Team player
- Degree or equivalent