This job is no longer available
Greencore Group PLC is a leading convenience food business with an annual turnover in excess of £800 million.
We operate manufacturing facilities in the United Kingdom and the United States and employ nearly 7,000 people. We have 16 convenience foods facilities in the UK and 3 in the US providing a wide range of chilled, frozen and ambient foods to major retail and foodservice customers in the UK, the US and Ireland.
We are currently looking for a Bakery Subject Matter Expert to join the Commercial department at our Northampton site. Reporting into the Operations Director the ideal candidate will be an industry recognised techical expert in the sourcing, selection and use of a key ingredient category.
The successful candidate will hold accountability for selecting the most appropriate suppliers and raw materials, using continuous improvement programmes to deliver a suite of materials and processes that will allow us to optimise our processes and recipes as materials come on to the market. They will also be able to identify in advance a pipeline of potential RM and suppliers.
* Deliver continual positive change to the business via the application of science and technology to develop excellence in materials, ingredients and processes.
* Share knowledge and develop levels of team expertise in the bakery category, establishing and maintaining a learning culture in raw materials.
* Demonstrate a leading edge capability in key raw material fields to our customers.
* Deliver efficient and effective processes to allow us to spend less energy on collection and policing and more energy on making positive changes happen.
* Support the move from a QC culture through to QA and then to a total operationally and supplier owned quality system.
* Work with the data collection teams to trend performance and deliver focused direction to our suppliers and change programme's
* Work with innovation teams to use expertise in technology and science to build a pipeline of innovation in materials, kit process, systems and provenance.
* Work with innovation teams on step change projects that are beyond the one year horizon.
* Continually develop key supplier relationships in alignment with our business goals and learning's needs.
* Act as a Greencore representative in critical external relationships.
Skills & Experience
* Detailed technical knowledge, experience of, and relationships within relevant supply chains specific to bakery.
* Food safety in bakery knowledge.
* Good knowledge of commercial and technical demands of core customer.
* Technical requirement for high care.
* CSR/Ethical standards.
* Commercial agendas.
* NPD/Commercial - new supplier/product development and specifications.
* Develops and shares understanding with colleagues, customers and suppliers.