This job is no longer available
£45k to £50k
We are recruiting a commercially astute Purchasing Manager to join a thriving and currently expanding food manufacturing business to manage a high performing supply base providing superior added value to the factory delivering a substantial purchasing spend through the team to maximise value for money through developing value added supplier relationships and practices.
APPLICANTS FOR THE PURCHASING MANAGE ROLE SHOULD HAVE EXPERIENCE OF:
- Achieving 100% customer service delivery and the highest quality standards.
- Proactively pursuing supply channels which will add value to business performance and provide opportunities to reduce costs without compromising quality.
- Ensuring the right materials are delivered to agreed specification, at the required time and at the lowest total acquisition cost.
- Proactively introducing new products and sources of material in order to develop a competitive advantage on cost, quality and risk
- Meeting the required codes of practice and GMP standards for the factory and the customer.
- In conjunction with the NPD/Technical/QA teams, ensuring all supplier specifications precisely define the quality and production standards required.
- Managing supplier relationships to obtain maximum value for the company's future.
- Defining and implementing of KPIs to track performance and ensure follow-up of action plans takes place.
- Monitoring supplier performance to ensure that suppliers meet the business' service and technical specifications requirements.
- Advising NPD, Technical and Commercial teams on the technical capabilities, opportunities and risks associated with the supply/supplier base.
- Monitoring, reviewing and developing suppliers performance in terms of delivering the right materials, in the right quantities at the right time.
- Managing the transition of new suppliers into a business.
Whilst the ideal purchasing manager will have broad purchasing skills across a wide variety of raw materials for food products and packaging strong applicants with non-food related experience will be considered. This role offers the chance to make a real impact in a growing business.
- Attention to detail
- Strong negotiator
- Excellent people manager
- Familiarity with Excel
Ideally degree qualified
To apply for this position please apply with an up to date CV and salary expectations or call Kerry on 0115 923 4651 for more information.
KEYWORDS Purchasing manager purchase buyer materials food manufacture manufacturing chilled ambient frozen