This job is no longer available
Greencore Group plc is a leading convenience food business with an annual turnover in excess of approximatley £1 billion.
Operating 16 high-quality convenience food manufacturing facilities in the United Kingdom and a further 2 in the United States, we employ c.10,000 people providing a wide range of chilled, frozen and ambient foods to major retail and food service customers in the UK, the US and Ireland.
We are currently looking to recruit and experienced Technical Controller to join our team based within our Prepared Meals site in Warrington. Greencore Prepared Meals is a major manufacturer of chilled prepared meals, chilled pasta sauces and soups as well as meat spreads and the UK's leading producer of quiche. It has four well-invested facilities in Kiveton, Warrington, Wisbech and Bristol. Greencore manufactures in excess of 120 million prepared meals each year and produces nearly half of all of the UK's quiche.
The main purpose of the role is to communicate and monitor all aspects of food safety, quality and legality of the facility, setting standards, which surpass our customer's expectations. In addition to driving the business strategy forward to ensure continuous improvement.
- Monitor and drive improvements by measuring KPi's through daily, weekly, monthly reports.
Identify and recommend training through pride reviews and ensure facilities available to develop the team.
- Control the issue and effectiveness of departmental policies and procedures.
- Target and implement functional auditing parameters and procedures.
- Communicate issues at the appropriate level and in an appropriate manner.
- Fully utilise site resources, enabling trend analysis and enforce remedial actions where appropriate.
- Manage a culture of continuous improvement using Lean principles.
- Facilitate NPD/Process Development departments during innovation, design and launch of new products.
- Ensure budget control and that there are sufficient funds to enable adequate resource.
- Attendance at industry conference's, liaise with the authorities where necessary (EHO, TSO)
- Attendance at the group technical meetings and deputise for more senior members of the executive team.
- Integral part of the Incident Management Team.
The ideal candidate will be degree calibre and have a number of years experience within the food industry, strong people management and influencing skills.
In return we offer a competitive salary, company car, 25 days holiday, pension and healthcare