This job is no longer available
- Carrying outplanned maintenance, breakdown repairs, refurbishment, installation, improvements and modifications or upgrade to plant and services in order to minimise downtime and maintain the equipment
- Ensuring all breakdowns are resolved as quickly as is practically possible thus minimising both production and engineering downtime.
- Maintaining all aspects of the site from the site services through to maintaining process equipment such as ovens, mixers, bulk systems and finally high-speed packaging and inspection machinery.
- This role is extremely varied and includes electrical (wiring, testing, fault finding, programming, installation, modifications etc.) , mechanical (bearings, gearboxes, motors, shafts, drives, seals etc.), bench fitting (drilling, grinding, use of bench tools, turning etc.) environments.
- During weekend working the you will be expected to supervise contractors during minor works using the permit
The successful candidate will ideally have an ONC/OND or higher in either electrical or mechanical engineering.Electrical engineering skill is essential, additional knowledge and skill in mechanical engineering is desirable but full training is available
A track record in afast moving technical environment, ideally food isessential
Well known food manufacturing business in West Yorkshire are recruiting for a Maintenance Engineer
£30-36k plus benefits
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents.
Michael Page International is a world leading recruitment consultancy.