This job is no longer available
Greencore Group plc is a leading convenience food business with an annual turnover in excess of £800 million.
We operate manufacturing facilities in the United Kingdom and the United States and employ nearly 7,000 people. We have 16 convenience foods facilities in the UK and 3 in the US providing a wide range of chilled, frozen and ambient foods to major retail and foodservice customers in the UK, the US and Ireland.
Northampton is a Marks and Spencer Sandwich and Wrap manufacturing site with a 24/7 operation. The site is one of the largest, well-invested, flexible and high quality sandwich production facilities in the UK employing over 800 people.
We are currently recruiting for a Zone Manager to join the Operations department at our Northampton site. Reporting into the Operations Manager the ideal candidate will be able to lead a team that is responsilbe for a factory Zone via the development, training and management of staff using improvement processes. The successful candidate will also have previous experience in a similar role within a high risk, chilled foods business. Previous experience of Marks and Spencer would be advantageous.
* Ensure zone compliance with all company policies and procedures.
* Responsible for food safety and quality of products in zone.
* Lead and develop our people to ensure that we maximise their potential; driving performance and rewarding success in a safe and caring environment.
* Ensure that standards and systems are maintained and exceeded through adherence to Greencore policies and procedures.
* Meet and exceed internal and external customer requirements and expectations.
* Achieve continual improvement and sustainability of standards and performance by driving and challenging through the UOS operating system.
* Maintaining the motivation of the team through fair and consistent management of personal and performance standards, effective communications and recognition of high performance.
* Relationship management with external customers, representing the company at on site and off site visits.
Skills & Experience
* Proven leadership skills and experience of managing a large team within a high pressure environment.
* An analytical self-starter who can adapt and work flexibly to meet the needs of our business and customers.
* Ability to step back from day-to-day situations to strategically review the zone and identify potential changes.
* Knowledge of food safety and technology, health and safety law and practice.
* Understanding of cost resources; ROI.
* Ability to understand the capability of the zone - performance and capacity.
This role is based on a 40 working hour week, from Tuesday to Saturday.