This job is no longer available
Greencore Group PLC is a leading convenience food business with an annual turnover in excess of £800 million.
We operate manufacturing facilities in the United Kingdom and the United States and employ nearly 7,000 people. We have 16 convenience foods facilities in the UK and 3 in the US providing a wide range of chilled, frozen and ambient foods to major retail and foodservice customers in the UK, the US and Ireland.
We are currently recruiting for Quality Audit Manager to join the Technical department at our Greencore site in Northampton. Reporting into a Technical Manager the principle purpose of this role is to ensure the maintenance of food safety, legality and quality of products manufactured across site against the QMS and customer codes or practice.
* Lead the quality assurance team and factory level performance in generating, monitoring and trending key technical KPI data, and work closely with associated departments to ensure targets are met and adverse trends are addresses.
* To deliver, through cross functional engagement, the factory level Technical Strategy Quality and Business Standards HLIs.
* To engage proactively with the Production department so as to ensure that all finished products are manufactured to the specified customer quality standards.
* To assist in managing audits conducted by customers, statutory bodies, third party audit bodies or internal Greencore Group auditors.
* Generate and trend key technical KPI information and work closely with associated departments to ensure targets are met and adverse trends are arrested.
* To implement and monitor Listeria Strategy "Top 10" factory level action plan working cross functionally to ensure delivery targets are met.
* To lead and support the "Principle Based" audit programme through consistency of audit standards and efficacy of results measured through the QAS team.
* To continue to develop the capability of the QA team through the Technical Strategy "Team Capability" HLI.
* To deliver Technical compliance improvement plans through the weekly governance review and factory level compliance audit process.
Skills & Experience
* 3 years appropriate high care/high risk manufacturing experience - preferably short life products
* Ideally M&S trained in codes of practice, compliance and audit standards
* Experience in managing a team and proven team improvement and succession delivery
* Advanced Food Hygiene
* Lead Assessor or Accredited Audit Training
* Advanced HACCP/HARA trained
* Microbiological experience high care/risk foods
* Legal food compliance training (CCFRA or equivalent)