This job is no longer available
This highly successful retailer in the Midlands area is recruiting for a Category Manager with Food experience to support its strategy and achieve its ambitious targets. You will be responsible for new product development, range management, pricing, promotion and developing supplier relationships.
As Category Manager, you will also be expected to:
· Develop activity plans to deliver the product range and category performance targets
· Liaise with other departments such as Supply Chain, Product Development, Manufacturing, Marketing, Merchandising and Stores
· Manage ranges by reviewing pricing, performance, product selection, space and productivity
· Develop an understanding of the product range and also that of other retailers
· Build knowledge of the customer base to deliver activity with maximum customer appeal
· Work with a one team mindset to achieve good working practice and efficiency
· Monitor performance against KPIs and report as required
To be successful in this role, you should have:
· A degree or equivalent
· Food Retail Buying or FMCG experience with another large UK business
· Excellent product development, Project Management and Marketing skills
· The ability to persuade and influence at all levels of the business
As Category Manager you will receive a generous salary and benefits package including a company car.If you feel that you meet these requirements, please do not hesitate to apply with an up to date CV.