This job is no longer available
Food Safety & Quality Manager
£50,000 - £60,000
You will be working for a well-established chilled foods manufacturer as Food Safety & Quality Manager. Working from a state of the art manufacturing facility, the company has undergone steady growth over the recent years so is therefore an excellent time to join the team.
The key day-to-day tasks of the Food Safety & Quality Manager include:
- Manage and implement the Food Safety and Quality Management System in line with company strategy and regulatory and customer requirements
- Assure the delivery of food safe products that meet and exceed the specifications and needs of the customer in a cost effective manner
- Coordinate the technical management of customers so as to provide excellent technical knowledge and service, proactive and cost effective problem solving, and to keep abreast of new and emerging quality developments and expectations
- With plant management and group technical, develop the plant facilities to constantly reduce food safety and non-conformance risks, and identify and prioritise policies and objectives for continuous improvement
- Ensure the management of the customer audit schedule so that they are effectively coordinated, hosted and administered. Ensure that the internal systems audit schedule is equally effective.
- Support the introduction of new products and ensure that food safety and quality aspects are raised in a timely fashion, and that system changes and documentation are developed to meet the needs of the process and the customer
- Develop and lead a plant QA team that will focus on compliance, issue prevention, performance measurement, root cause problem solving, attention to detail and team working
Key attributes of the Food Safety & Quality Manager include:
- Strong technical / quality managerial track record within the food manufacturing industry
- Possess extensive knowledge regarding food safety systems and relevant regulations (Global Standard for Food Safety (BRC), Quality systems including ISO, Codex principles -HACCP)
- Educated to at least a degree level within a Food Science related discipline
- A pro-active mind set with commitment to continuous improvement and delivering right results first time
- Experience of quality tools and techniques e.g. Six Sigma and Lean tools
- Excellent project management experience with proven success
The role is based in the East Midlands and is paying £50,000 – £60,000 depending on experience.
To be considered for the role of Food Safety & Quality Manager, please click the Apply button.
Alternatively email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with your salary requirement or give us a call on 01435 866000.
If you do not match the criteria specified above then please refrain from applying for this role as you will not meet our client’s specific requirements. If you have not been contacted by b3 jobs within the next 7 days, we unfortunately will not be progressing with your application on this occasion.
b3 jobs is a professional, friendly and progressive recruitment consultancy established in 2000 dedicated to food manufacturing industry. We are a market leader for permanent jobs within all food and drink manufacturing throughout the UK. All of our consultants have considerable experience in recruitment so you can be confident that they will have your best interests at heart when finding the perfect role for you.
We successfully place roles covering development / NPD, quality / QA, technical, process, production, operations, planning, supply, sales, account management, engineering, microbiology, food technology, specifications, marketing, logistics, purchasing, hygiene and auditing. We cover all levels including Managers, Technologists, Technicians, Managers, Team Leaders, Managers and Directors.