This job is no longer available
DSM is a global science-based company active in health, nutrition and materials. By connecting our unique competences in Life Sciences and Materials Sciences we are driving economic prosperity, environmental progress and social advances to create sustainable value for all stakeholders. We deliver innovative solutions that nourish, protect and improve performance in global markets such as food and dietary supplements, personal care, feed, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, automotive, paints, electrical and electronics, life protection, alternative energy and bio-based materials. DSM has annual net sales of around €9 billion. Our company is headquartered in the Netherlands, and we employ approximately 22,000 people across the globe.
DSM Food Specialties develops and produces market ingredients and processing aids for the Dairy, Baking, Beverage, Cultures, Test & Preservation, Savoury and Nutritional Markets. As of January 1st, 2011 the Business Group consists of the Business Units Enzymes Solutions, Cultures, Specialties, Savoury Ingredients and Hydrocolloids, a Research and Development organization and a number of staff departments and excellence centres. For the Business Unit Enzymes Solutions, we are looking for a
Key Account Manager - Dairy
UK and Ireland
The Dairy enzymes & culture segment is the largest enzyme food market segment with an ambitiousgrowth strategy for the coming years. In this challenging job you will manage the following key areas of responsibility:
• Plan and implement the yearly sales budget in your area and achieve the yearly budgeted results in terms of volume, price, margin, product and customers
• Direct and challenge the technical specialists in your area, in order to maximize the business results in both existing and new business
• Have prices and payment conditions negotiated with your customers within the limits set by business and sales management
• Build and maintain high-level personal relations with the customers/distributors in your area
• Support the development of the sales plans by collecting market information and indicating market trends
• Manage complaints and customer questions properly
• Produce monthly reports on business results in the area, including market information and developments
• Guide distributors in area according to Marketing & Sales plan
• Lead Key Account Management team approach
We are looking for an ambitious, talented person with a Bachelor or Master Degree or equivalent experience in science / technology and / or business related field. You have proven experience in account management in an international business-to-business environment in the dairy industry and know how about products and / or applications of dairy enzymes & cultures in this industry. Preferably you have an existing network within the dairy industry.
You have excellent communication, planning and organizational skills, are a pragmatic entrepreneur and able to build and maintain relations on different levels both internally and externally. You are fluent in English. You have a driver's licence. Qualities like ambition, initiative, discipline, drive for results and customer focus and obviously teamwork are essential for a sales manager.
For more information you can contact : Angelique van Hal, Senior Recruiter a.i. by clicking on the 'Apply Now' button below or call +31 15 279 25 48.