This job is no longer available
TECHNICAL ASSISTANT - PREVIOUS FOOD/ FMCG EXPERIENCE ESSENTIAL
Our client well established within the Food Industry, are seeking to recruit a Technical Assistant to join their busy site on the Essex/Suffolk border. As a leading supplier to National Supermarkets throughout the UK, candidates are required to hold experience within the Food Manufacturing Industry in a technical role.
- Administration and regular review of product specifications and factory working documents as directed by Technical Manager.
- Generate specifications arising from requests made by Sales Team and/or Customers.
- Generate internal specifications and levels in time for launch of new product lines as notified by NPD Department.
- Manage labelling databases, printing and barcode checking equipment.
- Administration of laboratory micro samples and liaison with laboratory as required.
- Responsible to notify out of specification results to Technical Manager for action
- Review supplier approval documentation to ensuring specifications and questionnaires are up to date and available.
- Maintenance of training records for factory staff in consultation with relevant Managers.
- Liaison with contractor services in the purchase of materials and services as required.
- Participate in HACCP team and ensuring HACCP works in order.
- Participate in Hygiene Improvement Committee and Health & Safety Committee and take meeting minutes of same.
- Attend Monthly Managers meetings and take the minutes of this.
- Covering other jobs in the Technical Department when staff are on holiday or are not available.
- Supporting the Technical Manager with implementation of new policies and procedures.
- Assist Technical Manager with factory audits and facilitate customer visits as required.
- Previous experience within the Food industry, within a Technical department
- Knowledge of BRC, HACCP, External and Internal Audits, traceability and consumer care.
- Attention to detail and accuracy when handling data.
- Ability to work on their own initiative.
- Previous specification experience.
- Able to present information clearly and concisely.
- Presentation of specifications, reports, meeting minutes must be professional.
- Computer literate, comfortable with databases and computer packages
- Salary in the region of £25k per annum DOE