This job is no longer available
Greencore Group plc is a leading convenience food business with an annual turnover in excess of £1.1 billion.
Operating 16 high-quality convenience food manufacturing facilities in the United Kingdom and a further 4 in the United States, we employ more than 11,000 people providing a wide range of chilled, frozen and ambient foods to major retail and food service customers in the UK, the US and Ireland.
Northampton is a Marks and Spencer Sandwich and Wrap manufacturing site with a 24/7 operation. The site is one of the largest, well-invested, flexible and high quality sandwich production facilities in the UK employing over 800 people.
We are currently recruiting for an Innovation Assistant to join the Commercial team at our Northampton site. The main purpose of this role is to work closely with and support the Innovation Chef and General Innovation team making up samples for FOTM and Hospitality M&S and Supplair.
Types of projects that the successful candidate will be involved with will include everything from blue-sky, new-to-the-category NPD to more near-term product improvements, range extensions, cost savings initiatives etc. This role therefore may be involved with innovation projects that take anything from a few weeks to 12+ months to take from idea to delivery.
The job holder will be responsible for identifying any issues that may arise whilst carrying out duties and raising these with the relevant member of the development team, and where possible proposing solutions. This role would be ideal for a candidate with some relevant FMCG experience looking to start and develop a career within the food industry.
Other accountabilities will also include:
* Collecting samples and raw materials from each of the factories, booking couriers, ordering and collection of samples from the factory.
* This role will require going out to collect samples and ingredients from the shops to support the innovation team.
* There will be a requirement to help facilitate customer visits, to book and coordinate meeting rooms and manage hospitality requirements for important site visits and meetings.
* There will be a requirement to update tracker for development band raise purchase orders.
* The role will include elements of kitchen management, e.g. hygiene, housekeeping (including washing up) Ordering consumables and stock rotation.
* This role includes interface with factory personnel, ingredient suppliers, packaging suppliers and couriers.
Skills & Experience
* Good understanding of hygiene working practices
* Experience in a chilled factory environment preferred
* Ideally some experience of the NPD procedure
* Basic Food Hygiene
* Ability to demonstrate good time management and organisational skills
* Full driving license