This job is no longer available
Come and join the family.
On our family farm in Somerset, we’ve been quietly perfecting the magic that turns apples into cider since 1904. From the bees in the orchards to the oak vats in the barns, the Thatcher family has cared about cider for over 100 years.
Today Thatchers is enjoying ongoing success and growth.
• T hatchers Gold is currently out-performing the off-trade market by 98% (Nielsen w/e 24.12.11).
• Continued investment in major TV Advertising campaign.
• Ongoing investment in state of the art facility in the heart of the West Country.
This is a rare opportunity to join an excellent company and become one of the People Who Care About Cider.
In return, you will receive an excellent package and the chance to help shape the future of a successful, friendly and responsible company.
To continue growing we need to find an exceptional Logistics & Supply Chain Manager.
As a key member of the Thatchers Operations Team, you will create a logistics system to service internal and external customers cost effectively, right first time every time.
Reporting to the Operations Director and responsible for a small team, you will plan, develop and implement business strategy for supply chain management and development so as to meet agreed organisational performance plans within agreed budgets and timescales.
Key Accountabilities / duties:
• Full accountability for site logistics.
• Develop a strategic supply chain partnership for all our customers and suppliers.
• Meet or exceed supply chain KPi’s.
• Manage and develop systems and team for a sustainable future.
• The introduction of a fully integrated forecasting tool.
• Ensuring Forecasting systems have been linked to store and distribution centre systems.
• A robust cost to deliver forecast.
• Stock control
• Improving operational work practices to increase service levels, enhance efficiency and reduce costs
• Establish and maintain appropriate systems for measuring necessary aspects of the companies supply chain.
• Manage and develop staff
• Monitor, measure and report on operational issues, opportunities, development plans and achievements within agreed formats and timescales
• Liaise with other functional/departmental managers.
• Responsible for forecast systems implementation.
• Ensure activities meet with and integrate with organisational requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, environmental policies and general duty of care.
• Maintain proper records for Health and Safety, maintenance and legislative requirements.
• Responsibility for carrying out appraisals and training needs.
• Preparation and maintenance of raw material & packaging forecasts.
To succeed in this role, you will need to be a high-calibre individual who has been out-performing in a similar role within a substantial FMCG business for at least 5 years.
All applicants welcome through our sole partnership agency. Please send your CV, together with a covering email outlining your suitability to email@example.com 01473 722 787