This job is no longer available
If you have the drive, enthusiasm and passion for good quality products, then this well established, UK leading food manufacturer is the right organisation for you. My client is looking for a dynamic and innovative Quality Assurance Manager who they can progress throughout their career and have longevity within the company.
Reporting into the Technical Manager you will look after quality systems and the quality team, and must be able to do the following:
- Effectively manage, motivate and audit a team of QA operatives and their duties in order to meet quality and production targets;
- Manage and develop hygiene standards;
- Manage and approve existing and new suppliers, including raw material specifications and intake checks;
- Effectively train and educate staff according to the needs determined by the business, customer and legislative requirements;
- Complete inter-site system and hygiene audits;
- Review, audit and challenge factory operations, product quality and quality systems to ensure that manufacturing operations maintain the highest standards of food safety and product integrity;
- Develop and monitor HACCP and quality systems in accordance to the latest BRC standards, in conjunction with the TM;
- Process and data analysis (KPI’s), validation and on-going improvement. Review at appropriate management, technical and HACCP meetings;
- Investigate and respond to customer complaints within a timely manner, following through on corrective actions and ensuring further training is completed where appropriate;
- Conduct factory audits to ensure that all areas comply with hygienic standards expected, both internal and external, reporting any anomalies found and ensuring their satisfactory resolution;
- Ensure GMP (good manufacturing practices) and housekeeping (clean as you go) are strictly adhered to by all staff;
- Manage the training of new starters within own department and provide on-going training in line with operational needs;
- Become main technical contact for customers on routine audits and daily matters.
To be successful in this role you must be calm, collected and display a ‘can do’ attitude to others. You will have worked within a chilled food environment previously for at least 3 years and have a track record of being successful in this area.
To apply in strict confidence please forward your up to date CV, confirming your current salary to Rilwood Associates.
Telephone - 08712 888888