This job is no longer available
To use technical knowledge, expertise and judgment to ensure consistent delivery of innovative quality products, whilst ensuring that sales and profit targets are still met by the business.
Our client is one of the UK's major multiple retailers.
The IDEAL candidate will possess
- Degree in relevant science (E.g. Food Technology, Chemistry, Microbiology) or a closely related discipline
- Good working knowledge of HACCP
- An appreciation of the safety, legal compliance, compositional and quality aspects of products in the defined area and a clear understanding of their related technologies
- Specialised technical or manufacturing knowledge preferably of products in the chilled area
- Significant post-graduate experience in the manufacturing or retail industries
- Lead assessor qualification and/or significant experience of supplier auditing
- Identified qualifications required for product area e.g. Campden Chilled Foods R A Aseptic Processing (or equivalent)
- Commercial acumen which facilitates a contribution to product selection decisions or 'value engineering'
- Ability to manage crisis situations such as product withdrawals and recalls