This job is no longer available
Several location options - with UK & Ireland travel
Excellent salary + car + benefits
Kerry Foods has a key strategic growth agenda to double business profitability by 2015 – with Innovation and NPD as a key enabler. The Head of Technology Innovation will develop, deliver and lead a compelling technical innovation programme for the Meat & Savoury and Dairy product categories. Included within these product areas are a number of major, market-leading brands in the UK and Irish markets, such as Mattessons, Wall’s, Richmond, Dairygold and Cheesestrings, along with major own label contracts with all grocery multiple retailers.
Via a team of c 15, you’ll build and manage a pipeline of technology innovation, feeding this through into the business to drive company performance - this will encompass breakthrough science, major technology and value engineering projects. You will also use new scientific thinking and technological potential and creativity to translate the strategic needs of each category into new or improved opportunities for growth.
Kerry Foods is one of the UK and Ireland’s leading producers of branded and own-label chilled consumer foods. Employing in excess of 9000 people, we are extremely proud of the career development opportunities we offer and actively encourage and support individuals to achieve their potential.
- Develop a compelling, continuously improving programme of R&D and Innovation, judged by its ability to enable growth and use technology to create sustainable competitive advantage
- Contribute to the five year Innovation strategy for Brands and Private Label and the development of the corresponding technical roadmap
- Lead, motivate and develop a fourteen strong R&D team across sites in the UK & Ireland
- Experience gained at senior managerial or director level in a Technology Innovation role in food or FMCG
- Experience of delivering significant technology projects and utilising breakthrough science within a large scale FMCG organisation
- A proven record of successfully managing and developing Technology teams is essential
- Candidates must be educated to degree level or above in a Science or Food Science discipline
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK
If you are looking for a real opportunity to make your mark within one of the worlds most successful and fastest growing food and ingredients companies, please follow the link to apply.