This job is no longer available
£35,000 + car
Home Counties or East Midlands
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a blue-chip national manufacturer. The business produces some of the UK’s most loved and well-known brands and can offer unlimited progression opportunities within the company.
Reporting to the Retailer Technical Manager, the successful candidate will act as the main technical contact for specific retailer brand customer’s technical functions.
The key day-to-day tasks of the Retailer Technologist include:
- Manage technical aspects of Retailer Brand product launches, contract tenders and other initiatives such as health & nutrition or cost saving projects
- Manage/ organise retailer audits, visits, technical reviews, technical communications from and to retailers
- Manage/ organise retailer bench marking initiatives/ retailer supplier reports.
- Manage quality issues and consumer complaints
- Create & manage a 'customer development plan' & identify the technical input required on existing & new products
- Represent the business at customer technical meetings and communicate implications of any changes to product portfolio (recipe improvements, health & nutrition projects, product transfers etc.)
- Work closely with manufacturing site personnel to ensure retailer products are manufactured to customer specifications and that corrective actions as a result of consumer complaints, issues, audits and withdrawals are implemented
- Work closely with technical teams to ensure retailer codes of practice are met, communicate specification requirements, and communicate areas for quality improvements based on levels of consumer complaints
Key attributes of the Retailer Technologist include:
- Strong experience from a technical role within food manufacturing
- Good track record of working closely with major UK retailers with detailed understanding of their technical policies
- Full working knowledge of retailer’s specifications systems
- Degree educated within a Food related discipline
This role can be based from either their Home Counties or East Midlands site. The role is paying £35,000 + company car.
To be considered for the role of Retailer Technologist, please click the Apply button.
Alternatively email your CV to email@example.com or call 01435 866000.
If you do not match the criteria specified above then please refrain from applying for this role as you will not meet our client’s specific requirements. If you have not been contacted by b3 jobs within the next 7 days, we unfortunately will not be progressing with your application on this occasion.
b3 jobs is a professional, friendly and progressive recruitment consultancy established in 2000 dedicated to food manufacturing industry. We are a market leader for permanent jobs within all food and drink manufacturing throughout the UK. All of our consultants have considerable experience in recruitment so you can be confident that they will have your best interests at heart when finding the perfect role for you.
We successfully place roles covering development / NPD, quality / QA, technical, process, production, operations, planning, supply, sales, account management, engineering, microbiology, food technology, specifications, marketing, logistics, purchasing, hygiene and auditing. We cover all levels including Managers, Technologists, Technicians, Managers, Team Leaders, Managers and Directors.