This job is no longer available
Ethical Trading Officer – Maternity Cover
The Co-operative Food, Manchester
This is a 9 month fixed term contract, with potential to extend to 12 months. September start date.
The Co-operative Food business is transforming and this is your opportunity to be part of a change with a powerful, unique difference. Our aim is to become ‘One Business’ across all of Food Operations, Commercial, Supply Chain and Farms and with introduction of the new single operating model we are putting our Customers and Communities at the heart of our business. Come and be part of the transformation by joining us as an Ethical Trading Officer and see what an impact you can make.
This is your chance to bring your skills to The Co-operative Food, which has sales in excess of £8bn. Reporting directly to the Ethical Trading Manager, you’ll be responsible for the day-to-day coordination of our ethical trade monitoring programme in a defined product and geographical area and providing practical guidance and training for suppliers on driving sustainable improvements to working conditions.
With a strong knowledge of food supply chains combined with a genuine interest in working on ethical trade, you’ll have built up an impressive range of ‘soft’ skills, not least the ability to build strong working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders from diverse cultures. You’ll also have shown that you believe in taking a logical and pragmatic approach to your work, especially when this is complemented by an energetic and resilient attitude.
• Working across defined product and geographical boundaries to ensure supplier sites meet the aspiration of the Group’s Sound Sourcing Code of Conduct to protect and enhance the Co-operative Brand
• Co-ordinate implementation of ethical trade audit programme and work to ensure all issues raised during audits are addressed to agreed timescales
• Work with Ethical Trade team and Technical Managers to provide practical guidance and training for suppliers on driving sustainable improvements to working conditions
• Maintain appropriate data systems and external resources to identify and report on key trends and supplier performance, recommending actions as appropriate
• Develop effective relationships with key internal / external stakeholders so that the benefits of cross functional relationships are realised
Job Knowledge / Skills / Experience:
• Understanding of ethical management standards and systems
• Flexible, capable of managing different and potentially conflicting priorities, proven issue
• IT knowledge
• Auditing/training experience desirable
• Commercial approach
• Innovative, self starter, proactive, creative, logical, analytical and balanced approach
• Excellent communicator, influencer with the ability to take a difficult audience with you.
If you’re passionate about business and people, apply for a position where you can truly inspire - Join our team by completing our online application process.
Interviews for the role due to take place in August.
**Please include a covering letter detailing your interest along with your CV when applying for this position**
‘The Co-operative Group reserves the right to cease any advertising prior to the published closing date for a role that receives a high number of applications