This job is no longer available
An opportunity for a Multi-Skilled Engineer has arisen at our manufacturing site based in Tanfield Lea.
The Shift Engineer maintains the operation of production and premises of the factory, for both mechanical and electrical systems. Work performed and service rendered must always be of the highest standard and priority. The individual also provides engineering support to the production and technical departments, maximising production equipment up time and efficiency.
The successful candidate will be time served, multi-skilled with an electrical bias and will be responsible for maintaining high speed state of the art packing and process equipment.
• Effective maintenance of plant and machinery including the installation and commissioning of new equipment.
• Set up, fault finding and repairs to all production machinery, support services and auxiliary plant
• Perform regular rounds of the site and equipment, identifying and reporting defects and issues that affect the structure or reliability of the facility
• Promote continuous improvement and take a vigilant approach to identifying and solving problems following a logical thought process
Knowledge and skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent team working skills
• Ability to problem solve
• Good organisational skills and time management
• Knowledge of plc programming, welding and pneumatics is desirable
• Knowledge of the following packing and process equipment is desirable –
o Arcall, Ilapak, Ishida, Redpack, Sandiacre and TNA
Education minimum requirement/equivalent
• Apprentice trained - electrical
• ONC / HNC Electrical Engineering or equivalent
• Experience from a similar role within food manufacturing
• Basic understanding of Food Production Principles and Practices
• Understanding of the principles and practice of food safety and maintenance within a food manufacturing environment
• Strong focus on attention to detail and accuracy
• Positive ‘can do’ approach
* Full copy of job description available upon request
How to apply
If you would like an informal discussion about this role, please speak to Paul Armstrong.
If you would like to apply for this position, please submit your CV along with a covering letter stating your reasons for applying