This job is no longer available
c£neg + benefits
- Are you a food science graduate with hands on experience within NPD?
- Excellent communication skills and ability to motivate and influence others?
- Hands on product development and experience of working with the major multiples?
- Supporting the NPD manager in responding to customer briefs to develop innovative yet viable product ranges and assist NPD Manager with customer presentations ensuring all relevant paperwork is completed.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of new products through to launch, through attendance of first factory trials and taste panels.
- Working with suppliers to develop new and innovative ideas and sourcing new raw materials.
- Maintain good relationships with other internal departments involved in NPD process ensuring regular updates and meetings on status of projects
- To create new & innovative new products around agreed business plans, showing a real flair for food & culinary trends.
- To be aware of all competitor activity within the appropriate categories.
- Work closely with the NPD Manager and support the Development Chef to translate product ideas into commercial reality.
- Compile and update recipes and nutritional information.
- Liaise with internal teams to ensure all products are in line with the critical path
- Source new raw materials for NPD from Suppliers and manage stocks of these for kitchen sample production.
- Debrief Purchasing team when looking at new raw materials and packaging.
- Assist in the deliverance of all samples required for Customer presentations with relevant paperwork.
- Liaise with Technical in respect to development trials, handover process, sampling etc.
- Ensure Smooth Handover meetings, providing all the relevant information.
- Develop and share expertise and broaden and improve culinary skills to facilitate continuous improvement within the development team
- Use daily development meetings to discuss work plans and feedback of information.
- For product presentations, include new concepts plus any existing for comparison, benchmark products, ingredient & recipe information etc. to help make informed decisions.
- Must carry out all activities in the kitchen according to Good Hygiene & Manufacturing Practice.
Please apply in strict confidence, preferably by email, with CV and salary details quoting ref 6488R to Atkinson Page Ltd, Baildon Mills, Baildon, BD17 6JX
Telephone (01274) 592372 Fax (01274) 598564