This job is no longer available
Concept Development Technologist
c£23k + benefits
- Are you a food science graduate with hands on experience within NPD?
- Excellent communication skills and ability to motivate and influence others?
- Hands on product development and external supplier experience?
If so please read on………………
The main purpose of this opportunity is to develop and launch fantastic products on time that meet commercial requirements across the food portfolio, so that customers are delighted their loyalty increases and own brand performance targets are achieved.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- To generate creative briefs and brief design agencies so they develop design for new product packaging so that Guidelines are met and customers can shop ranges easily.
- Develop fantastic new own label products, upgrades and re developments guidelines. Launch to agreed timelines so that execution is optimised and customers are delighted.
- Work collaboratively with relevant members of the commercial team to communicate key product information and support launch activity.
The position involves
- Working with suppliers & customers
- Hands on work in the applications kitchen; cooking, food processing and providing customer samples.
- Generating product specifications,
- Costing and nutritional information,
- Acting as a technical liaison with a wide customer base and the sales team.
Candidates should either possess a third level qualification in Food Technology / Science and / or have relevant experience gained within in the Food Industry.
Key competences required –
- Understanding of retail environment with a passion for Food
- Proven excellence in communicating and influencing
- Awareness of food trends, category issues, customer needs and regulatory requirements
- Experience of working with external suppliers
- Ability to work on own initiative without direct supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact/liaise with customers (internal & external)
- Presentation skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Influencing skills
- Innovation & Creativity
Please apply in strict confidence, preferably by email, with CV and salary details quoting ref 6492R to Atkinson Page Ltd, Baildon Mills, Baildon, BD17 6JX
Telephone (01274) 592372 Fax (01274) 598564