This job is no longer available
Quality Manager, Technical Manager role - Food FMCG - Wiltshire area
We are recruiting for a Quality Manager on behalf of a large European Food Packing Production site based in the Wiltshire, Somerset area.
The role involves being responsible for the management and continual development of a quality system, with key focus on quality, ensuring that it meets all customer codes of practice and legal requirements. Exposure to high profile retail customers and playing an important role in audit processes both internally and externally.
The Quality Manager role involves:
- Effectively managing the QA team to ensure that:
- - Incoming product is quality checked to conform to specification.
- - Work in progress and finished products meets customer, legal, quality and safety requirements.
- - All products are stored at the correct temperature, clearly labelled to facilitate traceability and to retain legality, quality and safety.
- - In conjunction with the vision scanner database issue QA sheets on a weekly basis to all departments as relevant. Maintain accuracy of details.
- - Train all products to be recognised by vision scanners.
- - Carry out audits on production and incoming QA records to ensure that documentation is completed correctly and that the product detailed conforms to specification.
- - Carry out internal audits according to the QMS, liaising with relevant personnel to ensure that effective corrective action is implemented.
- - Monitor weight records to ensure that incoming product conforms to specification and that finished product conforms to legal requirements.
- Completing Quality documents:
- - Compile KPI reports for customers and group accurately and on time.
- - In liaison with the management team ensure that Westbury complies with BRC V6 and customer codes of practices.
- - Act as HACCP team leader.
- - Complete weekly GMP audits, issue actions and close out non-conformances in a timely manner.
- Ensure that any non-conformances / rejections are documented, product is risk assessed and corrective actions implemented.
- Co-ordinate weekly and daily taste panels, review results and close out any actions raised.
- Ensure that all equipment requiring calibration has been calibrated within the allocated time, liaise with all departments involved in this ie, engineering.
- Deputise in the absence of the Technical Manager
Salary: £ Competitive Salary + 10% bonus +Benefits
To apply, please email your CV to: email@example.com
*due to the high amount of applications received, our client will only be in touch should they wish to progress your application further
[Keywords: Quality Manager, QA Manager, Technical Manager, Technical Supervisor, Quality Supervisor, QC, QA, Quality Control, FMCG, Food, Food Production, Drinks, Wiltshire, Somerset, South West.]