This job is no longer available
We're the people who make top 10 UK grocery brand Kingsmill as well as Burgen, Allinson and Sunblest. You know us through our wholesome white, wholemeal and seeded breads that offer delicious options to suit every family member - and our rolls, pancakes, crumpets, muffins, hot cross buns, wraps and other delicious bakery products.
We're one of three divisions of Allied Milling and Baking, which in turn is a part of Associated British Foods (ABF) plc, a major international business with a turnover of £11.1bn and close to 102,000 employees working in 46 countries. In the UK, well-known ABF brands include: Twinings, Silver Spoon, Primark, Ryvita, Ovaltine, Patak's and Jordans Cereals.
To lead and project manage the delivery of site Capital & Revenue projects to completion on time and within budget whilst ensuring compliance to Company and Legislative Health, Safety & Environmental standards are met at all times. The role holder will be required to monitor completed projects to ensure original scope of project (including savings) are achieved and take corrective actions where required. The Engineering Project Manager will be required to drive Continuous Improvements to site performance through project lead team working. Dimensions of Job/Key Performance Indicators Provide a summary of scope of operation of the job such as span of control direct/indirect, size of budget managed, scope of authority & decision making. Identify which KPI’s the job is directly/indirectly accountable for The role holder, whilst not having any direct reports, will be required to lead & influence various groups of individuals from all functions within the site in order to gain buy-in and delivery of Engineering Projects via cooperation. A high degree of influence will be required where a project incorporates a level of change in working practices.The role will require deputising for the Maintenance Manager. KPI’s Health & Safety
• Project related accident / incident rate • Control of contractors and all engineering related H&S audits conducted by company and external bodies Cost
• Monitor & track project spend against pre-approved budget not to exceed agreed project spend
• Project payback achieved.
• Plant performance in regard to CI activities and projected improvements.
• Set up and maintain site EAM Programme with assistance from site Engineering Manager and central Support Quality
• Deliverance of projects which support & ensure the business consistently meets correct specifications of all its’ products
• Ensuring all projects meet relevant Engineering procedures within ISO, NTS and BRC standards Service
• Ensuring NO projects are scoped without consideration to impact on Service levels H&S and product Quality People
• Identification of any training needs at project concept including costs. To be incorporated into training plan.
• Briefings to all people affected (either directly or indirectly) by project. Key Accountabilities Provide a list of the key elements of the job, that the job holder will be responsible for delivering (8-10 points)
• Within area of responsibility, organize, monitor and control compliance with Statutory and Allied Bakeries
• Health, Safety, Environmental and Hygiene standards.
• Plan, control and implement site projects as directed by the Site Engineering Manager ensuring all Allied • Bakeries standards and procedures are met.
• To lead, motivate and influence the successful completion of all site engineering projects.
• Define and implement engineering improvement projects and drive continuous improvement activities through the development of processes, people and effective communication.
• Continue to develop and improve Engineering Systems in conjunction with other departments to ensure
• Engineering service, efficiency and cost is optimised.
• Effectively manage and meet project budgets and adhere to all AB Finance Procedures • Control of contractors within the Allied Bakeries Permit to Work Systems
• Ensure that Quality Systems and Process Controls are followed by all members of any Project Team when working.
• Co-ordination and implementation of resources to ensure that all project targets are achieved
• Manage the balance of internal / external resources effectively. Additional Accountabilities
• To play a pivotal role in Capital & Revenue spend discussions in consultation with Site Manager, Site Engineering Manager & Finance Manager
• Support the 3 Year Business Planning Process from an Engineering activity perspective
• Liaise and consult regularly with Functional Managers to assist in identification of future project initiatives
• Regularly review performance statistics in conjunction with Maintenance & Manufacturing Managers.
• Ensure true ‘route causes’ are identified for any areas of concern / improvement
• Network with all functions on site to ensure a balanced approach is taken and assisting in identification of any ‘knock-on’ effects throughout the site from an Engineering lead project.
• Ensure all ‘good practice’ & ‘lesson learnt’ are shared both within the Site Team and across the AB Group either directly or via the Site Engineering Manager.
Any other duties which reasonably correspond to the general character of the role. The above list of accountabilities is not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to undertake duties as may be reasonably expected. All employees are required to be flexible and co-operative in order to assist in meeting business needs.
Experience & Qualifications
Specify academic requirements or equivalency, required years and type(s) of experience and necessary professional licences or certificates. if relevant. Specify which are essential and which are desired. Include details of technical skills such as knowledge of a particular type of system.
Preferably a graduate in Engineering who must have had previous project management experience either as part of previous position or on a full-time basis.
At least 3 years manufacturing engineering experience in an FMCG / Food Manufacturing Environment Previous direct team management experience desired although not essential as this position requires success through leadership & influence which is an essential skill for the role holder.
Knowledge of Planned Preventative Maintenance systems is essential as is relevant experience in machinery and systems development, automation processes and factory design & layout.
If you're ready for a new challenge, you've come to the right place - because Allied Milling and Baking is where opportunity goes to work! If you would like to find out more information please visit www.careersatallied.co.uk