This job is no longer available
Are you currently looking for a new opportunity?
My client are a food manufacturer based in the West Midlands who are looking for a QA Team Leader to join their growing business.
Scope of Role:
To provide technical input to all low risk areas. Maintenance of Good Manufacturing Procedures, ensuring supplied goods meet the agreed specification that guarantee product safety, quality and meet the requirements of the customer.
1.Monitor and ensure ingredient quality and safety requirements are achieved and supplied goods specifications are met at all times.
2. Liase with suppliers on technical and quality related issues. Ensuring necessary corrective actions are taken with regard to quality and food safety.
3. Ensure that Good Manufacturing Procedures and hygiene standards are adhered to at all times.
4. Collect samples of ingredients, finished products and swabs for microbiological analysis by the external laboratory.
5. Work with the Management Team to assist in problem solving and implementation of corrective actions. Make recommendations to improve product quality
6. Carry out audits to ensure that Hygiene / GMP standards are maintained at all times. In all cases report, monitor, measure and communicate the success of corrective actions undertaken and take further action as appropriate. Provide reports on any other issues, as required by the business.
7. Daily Supervision of the QA’s in low risk, including holiday approval & shift planning, ensuring all areas and scheduled checks are completed.
8. Assist with customer/3rd party audits/visits to site, including traceability exercises
9. Assist with the training of new & current QA’s as required
The Ideal Candidate will have:
•Good auditing skills
•Knowledge of HACCP principles
•Computer literate: MS Office packages
•Able to prioritise tasks, effective planner, attention to detail, articulate
•Ability to complete tasks to agreed deadlines
•Effective communicator with excellent communication skills
•Ability to supervise and work as part of a team
•Can take initiative and work alone with minimum supervision
£9.50 ph / £19,760 per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity then a please send me your most recent up to date CV to email@example.com or if you would like to discuss the location and the role in more detail then please call Enrico Caira on 0131 226 5060.