This job is no longer available
Production Shift Manager, Gateshead, Tyne and Wear, FMCG Food Manufacturing.
We are recruiting for a Shift Production Manager on behalf of a leading Food Manufacturer.
Based in the Gateshead, Tyne and Wear, the role is commutable from Newcastle, Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Stockton on Tees and so forth.
The Shift Production Manager will lead a designated Manufacturing Unit in the achievement of long term performance targets through continuous improvement and guide its strategic development for the successful achievement of Company aims and objectives.
The candidate will work 12 hour days, working 4 shifts one week and 3 shifts the next. Successful applicants will also work every other weekend.
- Formulate, agree, monitor and report on budgets and KPIs for the Manufacturing Unit to enable the site to meet its targets and objectives.
- Lead, manage and motivate the manufacturing unit, coaching and encouraging people to achieve results which meet targets and objectives and support the Company values (e.g. right first time).
- Motivate and develop direct reports by setting, agreeing and reviewing individual and unit objectives and KPIs to encourage the achievement of goals, identifying skills gaps and initiating recruitment and training as appropriate.
- Continually research, review and recommend new opportunities to improve operational processes and capacity to drive business efficiencies.
- Liase with internal and external customers and suppliers to promote the manufacturing site and build long term relationships to support the efficient running of the business.
- General awareness of and encouraging a positive safety culture.
- Will carry out other duties as required by the business.
The Ideal Candidate:
- A Manufacturing Degree or equivalent
- General level of understanding and experience of commercial, business and financial management (KPIs and their drivers).
- Proven successful leadership of an FMCG production department.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement tools and techniques, with practical personal experience of applying them to increase business performance and efficiencies.
- A background within the food industry, particularly chilled, would be highly desirable.
- Knowledge and experience of Good Manufacturing Practice.
- Knowledge and experience of best management practice.
- Will demonstrate a ‘can-do’ attitude.
Salary: £ Competitive + Benefits.
To apply: Please email your CV and include details of your min salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
*due to the high amount of applications received, you will be contacted if our client wish to progress your application further. Thank you for reading this advertisement.
Keywords: Gateshead, Tyne and Wear, Newcastle, Durham, Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Stockton on Tees, Production Manager, Line Manager, Shift Operations Manager, FMCG, Manufacturing Manager, Production Controller, Food, Drinks, Manufacturing