This job is no longer available
The Kerry Group has a strategy to achieve World Class Manufacturing Status for its manufacturing sites through the implementation of Lean and Continuous Improvement initiatives. The role of Manufacturing Manager at our Attleborough site will be responsible for leading a cross functional team to achieve the production goals, with a focus on problem solving and team work. Your role will be to establish and stabilise your team utilising the Kerry Production System to manage activities, ensuring that time, cost, quality, safety, people and environmental targets are met. You will focus on inspiring team members to achieve their potential as well as engaging teams in the use of practical problem solving techniques to deliver continuous improvement and business growth.
You will build strong relationships cross functionally across Engineering, Supply Chain, Technical and Lean Manufacturing functions and you will act as a role model and ambassador for Kerry Foods vision and values, both internally and externally, representing the site during retail customer visits and meetings. A career at Kerry offers exceptional opportunities for individuals with ambition, vision and a commitment to excellence in a dynamic business environment. This position would suit an ambitious individual capable of developing the culture of World Class Manufacturing and keen to take advantage of Kerry Foods' commitment to developing the careers of our people.
- Lead the production team to ensure they are engaged and high performing, building trust through effective leadership
- Develop and implement a production strategy to meet the goals of the site, and the group
- Manage and own total cost of conversion in production, focusing on systems & operational activity standardisation and improvement
- Continuously improve standards set by facilitating and executing appropriate methodologies such as 8 Step Practical Problem Solving
- Check that standards set within production are adhered to through layered confirmation
- Manage the availability of labour against the plan and work with General Manager and other site based teams to optimise labour across the site
- Monitor & Improve OEE
- Analyse & report conversion performance metrics through analysis of production performance data
- As part of a wider project team assist and manage the delivery of key projects that have an impact on production (e.g. Jishuken, Capital and New Product Development)
- Production/Manufacturing Management experience within a high speed FMCG environment is essential
- Proven leadership skills, including a track record of developing high performing teams is essential
- It is essential that you have a robust understanding of the principles and tools of lean manufacturing and a track record of applying these in live situations
- The ability to identify and actively plan improvements is essential
- You will demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to be successful in a changing environment
- Proficient written, numerical and verbal skills are essential
- Experience within a chilled Food manufacturing environment is desirable
- In depth knowledge of lean techniques such as 8 Step Practical Problem Solving, Value Stream Mapping and Standardisation of Process is desirable
- Experience of managing multi-functional teams is desirable
- Proficient use of MS Office tools is desirable
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK
If you are looking for a real opportunity to make your mark within one of the world's most successful and fastest growing food and ingredients companies click on the Apply for Vacancy button at the top of this page.
Kerry offers exceptional careers for individuals with ambition, vision and a commitment to excellence in a dynamic business environment.