This job is no longer available
McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 9,500 employees around the world and more than $3.5 billion in annual sales, the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures and food service businesses.
We have a passion for flavour. Consumers can buy our brands in more than 110 countries and our industrial business flavours snacks, wraps, beverages and many other products for customers, which include global restaurant chains and leading food manufacturers
With approximately 3,700 employees, McCormick EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) has operations in 11 countries and is present in key markets with leading consumer brands, including Schwartz in the UK. McCormick EMEA Headquarters are located in Haddenham (UK).
We are currently looking for an experienced Operations Manager to support both of our manufacturing sites in Littleborough. The Operations Manager will report to the Factory General Manager and will be directly responsible for 2 Group Leaders and a wider team of around 200. This role is accountable for production, product quality, personal safety, customer service & conversion cost within the two factories.
The successful applicant will:
• Co-ordinate & control all daily factory manufacturing activities within Littleborough sites.
• Authorise revenue spend as required to optimise operational performance & cost base.
• Direct the resolution of justified customer complaints.
• Authorise revenue and capital spend as required to optimise operational performance and cost base.
• Ensure the quality of all manufactured goods.
• Ensure the improvement of the site safety record, through a formal safety programme that is fully supported throughout the factory.
• Establish manufacturing improvements to ensure production & process outputs are increased.
• Ensure departmental budgets are monitored, controlled & reduced where possible.
• Ensure KPI’s are in place to record & identify rejects, work in progress, scrap, efficiency, line impacts, right first time & rework.
• Responsible for establishing clear operational and project goals, for each direct report and department in support of the stated business objectives.
• Establish and maintain a formal GMP programme including training for all food handlers.
• Maintain a documented formal performance review programme for all employees.
• Ensure that appropriate performance management and development programmes are in place for direct reports and the wider production teams.
• Conduct monthly team briefs and participate in quarterly factory general meetings.
• Prepare monthly performance reports, which include all Key Productivity and Financial Indictors.
We are looking for someone who has worked in the food industry with the following skills and experience:
• Graduate Level, or equivalent, in Food, Science, Manufacturing or Engineering background.
• Progressive management experience, preferably within the Food or Process Industry.
• Demonstrable Leadership skills in managing large work groups.
• Experience of working effectively in multi-discipline environments.
• Demonstrable experience of Change Management and Lean Improvement processes.
• Experience of working with senior management groups, across a number of business units.
• Experience of operating to World Class systems.
• Demonstrable experience at senior level.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, please send us your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
In return we offer a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader.
As an Equal Opportunities employer, McCormick is committed to a diverse workforce.
For further information about all our company and all positions in the UK please visit www.mccormickcorporation.com