This job is no longer available
Sourcing Assistant (Part time)
£15,000 - £24,000 pro rata
We are seeking candidates with an impressive technical or NPD (or sourcing) background with fantastic charisma and star quality to take on this unique and rewarding position.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with an innovative and dedicated manufacturer who strives to design and produce products of the highest quality. A well know brand, the products can be found in several major retailers throughout the UK as well as online. The environment if friendly, fun and fast paced and would suit an individual who is looking to join a unique company where they can grow and develop with the business!
The key day-to-day tasks of the Sourcing Assistant include:
- Working with the new product development team to ensure product briefs are received and contacting new suppliers to source new products
- Ensuring supplier contracts are managed efficiently by ensuring terms are agreed and renewing contracts as necessary
- Obtaining product quotes from suppliers are received in a timely manner and actively sourcing new suppliers where required taking into account innovation, turnover and capacity
- Working as part of the commercial team on new projects advising on sourcing limitations and current agreements
- Ensuring all suppliers hold relevant insurance and legal documentation cross checking terms against agreed contracts
Key attributes of the Sourcing Assistant include:
- Ideally experience from a commercial, sourcing, technical or NPD role within food manufacturing
- Understanding of supplier approval highly advantageous
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written with good interpersonal ability
- Strong IT skills and competent user of all Microsoft packages
The role is based on the South Coast and is paying £15000 - £24,000 pro rata depending on experience + benefits including healthcare, pension, life assurance, child care vouchers, a monthly massage and more!
This is a part time position working 3 days per week (Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday) 9am – 5pm.
To be considered for the role of Sourcing Assistant, please click the Apply button.
Alternatively email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01435 866000 quoting reference 53945.
If you do not match the criteria specified above then please refrain from applying for this role as you will not meet our client’s specific requirements. If you have not been contacted by b3 jobs within the next 7 days, we unfortunately will not be progressing with your application on this occasion.
b3 jobs is a professional, friendly and progressive recruitment consultancy established in 2000 dedicated to food manufacturing industry. We are a market leader for permanent jobs within all food and drink manufacturing throughout the UK. All of our consultants have considerable experience in recruitment so you can be confident that they will have your best interests at heart when finding the perfect role for you.
We successfully place roles covering development / NPD, quality / QA, technical, process, production, operations, planning, supply, sales, account management, engineering, microbiology, food technology, specifications, marketing, logistics, purchasing, hygiene and auditing. We cover all levels including Managers, Technologists, Technicians, Managers, Team Leaders, Managers and Directors.