This job is no longer available
The Hain Daniels Group has been created following the recent acquisition of the Daniels Group by US based Hain Celestial. The UK interests of both (including New Covent Garden Soups, Johnson’s Juices, the Farmhouse Fare range and Linda McCartney meat free range) have been merged creating a £240m turnover business allowing a better focus on the 8 chilled and frozen food categories.
Employing 2,400 people in the UK and operating across eight production facilities, the business is underpinning its exciting future growth plans with innovative NPD, continuous delivery of excellent customer service, strong consumer and brand understanding and an over-riding commitment to quality.
The key day-to-day tasks of the NPD Senior Process Technologist include:
• Take approved concepts through to successful launches in the factory
• Closely liaise with the NPD Manager / NPD Product Team, ensuring up-to-date awareness of customer briefs
• Assist with internal feasibility assessment in terms of product design and the product process
• Co-ordinate / carry out daily trial activities, assessing new raw materials and ensuring draft process control documentation is prepared in advance;
• Regularly review materials (including packaging), products and processes to drive innovation
• Play a key, proactive role in improving the quality of products in terms of product components, visual appearance and more process-friendly ingredients
• Ensure the development and training needs of NPD Process Technologist(s) are met to ensure quality of service provided to the site
• Ensure effective communication and cross-functional working to deliver an efficient service to the site. This includes regular interface with Operations, Supply Chain, Technical & Commercial
Key attributes of the NPD Senior Process Technologist include:
• Experience from a process development role within food manufacturing
• Excellent working knowledge of performing scale us, factory trials and product launches
• Good understanding of quality and product improvement projects
• Food hygiene and HACCP training highly advantageous
The role is based in Clitheroe and salary is negotiable depending on experience plus excellent benefits including bonus, contributory pension, healthcare, 25 days holiday and life assurance.
We are always looking for people who have a passion for food. If you feel you could rise to the challenge of working in a fast moving consumer food environment within some of the fastest growing food categories, then we want to hear from you.
To be considered for the role of NPD Senior Process Technologist, please click the Apply button.
Alternatively email your CV to email@example.com or call 01435 866000 quoting reference HD53956.
All direct and third party applications will be directed to b3 jobs.
If you do not match the criteria specified above then please refrain from applying for this role as you will not meet our client’s specific requirements. If you have not been contacted by b3 jobs within the next 7 days, we unfortunately will not be progressing with your application on this occasion.
b3 jobs is a professional, friendly and progressive recruitment consultancy established in 2000 dedicated to food manufacturing industry. We are a market leader for permanent jobs within all food and drink manufacturing throughout the UK. All of our consultants have considerable experience in recruitment so you can be confident that they will have your best interests at heart when finding the perfect role for you.
We successfully place roles covering development / NPD, quality / QA, technical, process, production, operations, planning, supply, sales, account management, engineering, microbiology, food technology, specifications, marketing, logistics, purchasing, hygiene and auditing. We cover all levels including Managers, Technologists, Technicians, Managers, Team Leaders, Managers and Directors.