This job is no longer available
Product Development Manager
London / Home Counties
The business is one of the leading suppliers of chilled fresh food in their category - they strive to supply excellent quality products whilst being on the forefront of the market in terms of innovation and customer desires.
The overall purpose of the role is to develop and produce high quality innovative products in order to demonstrate the company's product range and capabilities to external customer
The key day-to-day tasks of the Product Development Manager include:
- Contribute to a proactive development service to sales and customers involved in projects from concept to launch
- assist the purchasing team in sourcing new raw materials and packaging
- Overseeing the transfer of products into factory including trials and launch
- Prepare and present new products to external customers
- Actively strive to continually improve existing products in terms of quality, cost, life improvement and keeping in line with food safety legislation
- Involved in setting the quality standards for the business through concept development, specification generation and product training, and to assist quality in delivering this consistently across the business
Key attributes of the Product Development Manager include:
- Good track record of working within new product development in food manufacturing
- Experience of working with chilled food products essential
- Strong working knowledge of food safety legislation and technical procedures
- Full UK driving licence
The role is based in London and is paying to £30,000 depending on experience.
To be considered for the role of Product Development Manager, please click the Apply button.
Alternatively email your CV to email@example.com with your salary requirement or give us a call on 01435 866000.
If you do not match the criteria specified above then please refrain from applying for this role as you will not meet our client’s specific requirements. If you have not been contacted by b3 jobs within the next 7 days, we unfortunately will not be progressing with your application on this occasion.
b3 jobs is a professional, friendly and progressive recruitment consultancy established in 2000 dedicated to food manufacturing industry. We are a market leader for permanent jobs within all food and drink manufacturing throughout the UK. All of our consultants have considerable experience in recruitment so you can be confident that they will have your best interests at heart when finding the perfect role for you.
We successfully place roles covering development / NPD, quality / QA, technical, process, production, operations, planning, supply, sales, account management, engineering, microbiology, food technology, specifications, marketing, logistics, purchasing, hygiene and auditing. We cover all levels including Managers, Technologists, Technicians, Managers, Team Leaders, Managers and Directors.