This job is no longer available
To lead a major lean-based change programme, transforming the Supply Chain business of Carlsberg UK over a 3-5 year period. Using a primarily lean based approach to business transformation, the role will lead the organisation through the change journey through a matrix of direct reports and operational staff reporting to other members of the Production and Logistics Management teams. Coaching of the Leadership team in Lean manufacturing techniques and skills will also form a key element of the role.
The role requires leadership in transforming production, logistics areas and support functions, to guide the transformation process and inject the lean know-how, ensuring transfer of key skills throughout the organisation and embedding lean techniques and methodologies throughout the organisation.
Through knowledge transfer it is envisaged that the departments within the function become self-sufficient in continuous improvement, enabling the role to focus on more sophisticated elements of the Group's lean methodology. TPM is to be developed and rolled out across site.
As part of a wider group programme, the role is key in interacting with other lean experts within the European network and corporate Lean Team (Carlsberg Group Supply Chain), in order to ensure best practice sharing, standardisation and visibility of milestone/benefits tracking.
• Lead the UK Supply Chain approach to lean transformation including personal role-modelling of lean behaviours.
• Develop and embed new and enhanced processes and concepts to unlock improvements in Service, Quality, Cost and People.
• Ensure full cost and benefits tracking to identify key business opportunities in both input processes and bottom line profit & loss.
• Support the organisation in implementing improvement initiatives through effectively diagnosed problems, well thought out future state designs and SMART implementation planning (Tactical Implementation Plans) for the Brewery – responsible for on-time in-full delivery.
• Provide day to day focused coaching and root cause problem solving.
• Support the development of standardised processes (across UK and as part of Carlsberg Group Supply Chain).
• Train, coach & develop others (including Change Leaders) in a variety of lean / continuous improvement techniques (from shop floor to senior manager level).
• Work with UK Supply Chain leadership team to develop effective policy deployment, organisational and improvement strategies.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS / WORK EXPERIENCE
Knowledge • Extensive practical lean based continuous improvement
• Change management experience
• Experience of implementing TPM (Total Productive Maintenance)
• Project management track record
• Able to generate and communicate an effective vision of what the business could be when supported by a lean approach
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to develop others through effective coaching/training
• Able to network with experts and other lean colleagues
• Ambitious, driven, committed,
• Can generate excitement and enthusiasm to achieve the visions and strategy
• Graduate, technical background, e.g. chemical, engineering, brewing, packaging
• Extensive supply chain process understanding
• Extensive Production experience from a brewing or similar challenging FMCG environment in a line management or continuous improvement role
• Able to demonstrate quantifiable benefits of improvement activity
• Highly analytical, coupled with practical skills
• Experience in promoting positive employee relations
• Strong financial understanding
• Able to support and coach colleagues
• Proven record of developing individuals and managing performance