This job is no longer available
£30,000 to £37000
We are recruiting a team of maintenance engineers on behalf of one of UKs best known food manufacturers. Applicants must be hands-on and capable of working under pressure in a dynamic chilled food processing environment rising to meet engineering challenges as and when business dictates.
The primary focus of the role is to keep production machinery and equipment fully operational carrying out general site maintenance in accordance with PPM system and operational requirements. There are vacancies in days and nights roles.
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR:
- Working within an FMCG or manufacturing environment.
- Maintaining operational equipment and safe working practices,
- Carrying out reactive breakdown repairs.
- Working to a planned preventative maintenance schedule.
- Fault diagnosis and repair of a wide variety of electromechanical systems including hydraulics, conveyors, multi-head weighers, check weighers, flow wrappers, over-wrapping machines, gas flush machines, LP air compressors and associated systems.
- Carrying out routine maintenance to plant and services.
- Working on industrial refrigeration systems (condensers, evaporators) including F-Gas training.
- Accurate record keeping.
- Health and safety policies.
- Current regulations and legislation.
- Continuous improvement and lean manufacturing techniques.
- Recognised engineering qualifications
- Ideally mechanical and electrical competences.
- Electrical skills to include new electrical installations and fault-finding skills.
- Ability to read both mechanical and electrical schematic drawings to component level.
- Computer literate to include Microsoft Office Applications.
Key words:Engineer engineering maintenance multi skilled plc fmcg manufacture manufacturing hydraulics multi-head weighers