This job is no longer available
- Ensure that there are adequate systems, procedures and training in place to provide the customer with a product that meets their specifications at all times.
- Contribute to the development of our main customers account business, and ensure that proactive action is taken when required.
- Co-ordinate and prepare for third party audits and BRC certification, and follow up on all external and internal audits, ensuring and confirming that all corrective action has been completed within the agreed time scale.
- Ensure that good housekeeping and hygiene standards are maintained / improved throughout the site and are audited.
- Listens to customers and assigns the highest priority to customer satisfaction, including internal customers.
- Makes good decisions on limited data, can quickly sort relevant from irrelevant
- Demonstrates uncompromising responsibility for quality control, quality assurance and food safety.
- Creation of monthly site Technical Report
- Participation in weekend Management Cover Rota
- Evaluation & Decision-making on out-of-spec Raw Material & Finished Product.
- NPD involvem
- Experience in food processing.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills (internal and external).
- Customer facing / retail experience.
- Audit experience BRC - awareness of standard 6 requirements.
- Experience of water treatment/effluent systems is an ideal.
- Relevant degree qualification.
- First class written, presentation and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of developing /implementing QA and food safety systems, procedures and policies.
- Has an excellent knowledge of food safety, H.A.C.C.P. regulations.
- Be able to give balanced recommendations in terms of compliance.
- Intermediate food hygiene and HACCP qualifications (ideally RSPH level 3 or above)
- Auditor/ lead auditor trained
One of the UK's leading food suppliers
£35,000 - £40,000 + competitive package and potential relocation allowance
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents.
Michael Page International is a world leading recruitment consultancy.