This job is no longer available
Leading brands, great people, growth and the reward that comes with it: the raw materials for success are right here. But still, success depends on our skilled management sharing thirst: a thirst for getting more from our people and systems, a thirst for pushing limits, and a thirst for the rigour and challenge of a fast moving business. Do you have a personality with the power to influence and connect? Can you sustain the pace to keep on growing? Will you make an impact with your desire to win?
Manager, Sustainable Packaging
The Stewardship team requires an expert in Sustainable Packaging, someone that can contribute to and ensure we deliver on our considerable commitment to Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability, both now and in the future. This dynamic and high profile area is business critical, reporting to the Senior Manager, Sustainable Packaging, the role can be located either in Uxbridge, Brussels or Paris - flexibility for European travel is required.
This person will be called upon to provide advice and analysis on Packaging and Recycling of Packaging to the Supply Chain and the rest of the business. The person will become an expert on sustainable packaging, recycling, and minimizing waste for our business.
Responsibilities will include:
- Product development and exploitation - Provide support, advice and training to new product development teams on the environmental impact of packaging innovations to maximise the commercial benefits, conform to agreed standards and minimise the risks to the company's reputation.
* Effectiveness and efficiency - Provide analysis of packaging qualities and packaging use data for the business. Provide analysis of packaging recycling in CCE territories.
* Corporate responsibility and sustainability - Keep up to date with packaging development in CCE and the Coca-Cola Company and give appropriate advice to the business. Keep up to date with recycling development in CCE territories and give appropriate advice to the business.
* Functional excellence - Participate in the management of programs and initiatives that implement best practice and, as agreed, leading Environmental requirements to create a standard level of compliance.
- Ideally educated to degree level (Material Science, Chemistry, Engineering, or Mathematics preferred) however equivalent industry experience also highly regarded
- A genuine interest and commitment to sustainable packaging and recycling and the ability to evaluate and balance the commercial implications
- The ability to understand and communicate environmental and related business issues effectively across all levels
- The ability to deal with technical issues in business
- Able to manipulate and draw conclusions using large quantities of data.
- Previous experience working on environmental issues highly regarded
- Excellent numerical and data analysis skills and experience required
- Ability to speak French and/or Dutch beneficial, but not essential
If this role is of interest to you please upload a recent copy of your CV and someone from the Talent Acquisition team will be in touch, the closing date is 1/7/12. www.cokecce.com/careers
We believe that equal opportunities mean inclusion, diversity and fair treatment for all.